GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The only thing we are trying to understand is why the greatest coach of our time didn’t roll out this perfect lineup for the first 4 games?

Is Tocchet’s low shot, get dominated on high danger chances while playing with soo much “structure” (Brookbank 😉) approach just not getting it done?
He didn’t wanna mess with the other lines because they were working.

But he needs to get ep40 going badly

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I would also say that Edmonton should be VERY worried about their inability to close out games, even if they get past us. You’ve had a 3 goal lead in G1 and multiple 2 goal leads that you ended up losing or turning into ties late in the game. Dallas is a better version of us and Colorado is all speed, if you can’t defend leads then you’re absolutely cooked.
This is just Edmonton year in and year out.
Nothing new to us fans, we expect failure.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I would also say that Edmonton should be VERY worried about their inability to close out games, even if they get past us. You’ve had a 3 goal lead in G1 and multiple 2 goal leads that you ended up losing or turning into ties late in the game. Dallas is a better version of us and Colorado is all speed, if you can’t defend leads then you’re absolutely cooked.

Good to see you're already conceding.

Reactions: Summer Rose

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Haven't you seen the Oiler fans narrative?

The Canucks are frauds and the Oil will sweep, and if they don't sweep it's because they're lucky, and if they're not lucky it's Skinner, and if Skinner doesn't matter then neither team will beat DAL/COL anyways so the loss doesn't matter.

Don't see how that relates to the Nuck fan already throwing barbs about how much trouble the Oilers will have in the second round, but ok.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Don't see how that relates to the Nuck fan already throwing barbs about how much trouble the Oilers will have in the second round, but ok.

I'm saying everyone does it and it's silly to start picking out voices in a crowd of extremely diverse opinions.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Haven't you seen the Oiler fans narrative?

The Canucks are frauds and the Oil will sweep, and if they don't sweep it's because they're lucky, and if they're not lucky it's Skinner, and if Skinner doesn't matter then neither team will beat DAL/COL anyways so the loss doesn't matter.
You can add that "narrative" to the list of made up things to catch.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I don't see any Oiler fans chirping the Nucks about who the Nucks play int he next round.

They get deleted for trolling, but there's been many posts from Oiler fans about how the Canucks won't hack it in r3 even if they win.

You can add that "narrative" to the list of made up things to catch.

shrug

Everyone knows that Oiler fans can't give any credit to their opponents. It was the same against Vegas, Colorado, and Winnipeg.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
"Everyone knows that..." + generalized statement about an entire group = Amazing reasoning

Well done.

Fine, everyone knows that SOME Oiler fans.

Is not that we think the Canucks are a fraud or a bad team. We just think we are better.

Good luck to you! With kindness,
I hope you get crushed.

There was a lot of ink spilled over how the Canucks are lucky, frauds, and bad, the HFOil Out of Town thread has been a source for laughs all year. There's some truly delusional people in there, of course there's delusional people in every fan base, but I don't think anyone serious in HFCanuck seriously thought that the Oilers are fake and that the Canucks will sweep.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
The only thing we are trying to understand is why the greatest coach of our time didn’t roll out this perfect lineup for the first 4 games?

Is Tocchet’s low shot, get dominated on high danger chances while playing with soo much “structure” (Brookbank 😉) approach just not getting it done?
I agree,

I don't ever recall a coach shaking the lines up so much when a series is tied 2-2.....they're not down 2-0 or 3-1.

He obviously put forth the best lineup for the first 4 games, now he's almost panicking for some reason. Vancouver fans see it as a close series, apparently Tocchet doesn't seem to think so.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
but I don't think anyone serious in HFCanuck seriously thought that the Oilers are fake and that the Canucks will sweep.
Truth.

But on social media, the delusional boneheads reign supreme.

"lol ez series, 4-0 reg season, you oil fans forget that or what?"

So has yours. Rocks. Glass houses.
NO. Only my fanbase is normal, everyone else is a crazy homer!

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Good to see you're already conceding.
I'm not conceding, I think the Canucks are going to win, and I always have. I said Nucks in 7 in the series poll and have been very active on HF/Twitter talking about how the Canucks will likely win this series. Their depth is far superior to Edmontons and playing your top 5 players 23-29 minutes a night doesn't bode well for the last 3 games in a series when they're all separated by a days rest each. Plus, your historic powerplay won't be as much of a factor when the whistles get put away.

That doesn't change that the Oilers have always expected to win this series. They were expected to stomp the Canucks, and many "bright" hockey minds were saying sweeps or a 5 game series in favour of Edmonton. Even after we won game one the Oilers brass were talking about how they lost the game, rather than them being beaten. Every mind in their organization knows that the pressure is on them to win. Hell, we even had threads saying this was the easiest road to the conference finals in recent memory for the Oilers. Not to mention you're playing a 23 year old third string goalie.

Make no mistake, if the Oilers lose then this will be considered a massive choke on their end, largely because one of Bouchard or Draisaitl are gone after next season unless you can find someone to take on the albatrosses of Nurse and Campbell. Even then, you'll be the next Maple Leafs. Vancouver's core is entering their prime, and with Myers' contract coming off the books and a Mikheyev buyout incoming, I don't doubt that we'll be better next year than this year. We're gaining experience for the rest of our contention window, which I imagine will be the remainder of Demko's contract.

My point is that if you somehow make it past us, you'll have to learn how to hold onto your leads because you won't get them often against a juggernaut in Colorado or Dallas. Even then, I say it's a short series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad