GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
LFG

stone-cold-steve-austin-drink-beer.gif

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Game 5 going to be a big one.

Canucks got outplayed in the first 2 periods. They came back in the third and still lost.

Curious what the Canucks will do to change things up.
The Oilers have beat the Canucks one time in 8 games in regulation. And were mere seconds away from not even that.

Hopefully the better team wins (Oilers)
Is the better team the team who's won ONE game in regulation in 8 tries ? I'm afraid not.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I posted a pro Bouch article yesterday. So today I'll post an anti Oiler one. This feeds the narrative perfect. Vancouver is better at 5 on 5 and we are powerplay merchants.

Ftr... I regret nothing! Watching that powerplay is one of my favorite things in hockey in the last 20 years!

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilers have beat the Canucks one time in 8 games in regulation. And were mere seconds away from not even that.

Is the better team the team who's won ONE game in regulation in 8 tries ? I'm afraid not.
I mean even if the Oilers win the next two games that will only be 4 wins in 10 tries - so who is really the better team?? Canucks are the BEST and your math does not lie.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Canucks making pretty significant roster adjustments ahead of tonight’s game:

Pettersson to wing
Lindholm as his center
Hoglander is back
Blueger reunited with Joshua and Garland
Podkolzin gets 4th line opportunity
PDG is back
Soucy back from suspension