GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
When you check how much time is left after 3 hours and only 1 hour has passed

lenny-thinking.gif

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Holy I've been on a plane all day and the man actually did it. Very interested to see how the lines work out. Petey getting to play with Lindholm should be a huge boon for him - at least one guy will be in the right position at the right time and able to get him the puck. Blueger probably the guy on the 4th line who deserves to move up the most.

Provided Petey can resist the urge to run the same center routes as Lindholm like they were earlier, this could work out...

just22

Aug 2, 2009
When you check how much time is left after 3 hours and only 1 hour has passed

lenny-thinking.gif
I was busy enough at work earlier in the day that I didn’t have time to think about this game, but now that’s it’s 4 PM, I have to slog out another hour in the office (when I’m already burnt out), then be in traffic for an hour… and then an ANOTHER hour until the game starts? Ugh

One thing about away games I like is that the games start earlier lol

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
lay the biggest hit on ekholm and knock him out of the series. hes playing hurt obviously. leon hopefully the D step up when he has the puck. petey should go off tonight. im feeling a 5-3 win. 5th goal being an empty netter. bluger will pot one as well.

Ok this is good. Tocchet can always pivot back to;

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Bring Blueger back to 4th line.

If he needs to during the game. Perhaps might be better if Podkolzin starts on the 4th line to get his feet wet. The boy better bring energy and hitting to get the fans riled up early.

LFG and win tonight

Lafferty and Mikheyev definitely need a “reset”. Haven’t really provided much other than being defensively responsible. While that is important, we really need depth to beat Edmonton.

We can’t have Miller, Boeser, Joshua, Garland, Lindholm always scoring. We need a 3rd or 4th line goal and the boys will be inspired.
one of hogs/pods/blueger getting a goal. hronek should have sat out as well. might as well put mark friedman in.

Reactions: crazychimp

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Excited to see that third line reunited. They were such a force before Joshua went down, an X factor in many games.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Like the personnel changes, but don't love Aman as the 4C and breaking up the third line at this point.

Would prefer:

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Blueger - Aman/Lafferty

or

Lindholm - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Suter - Aman/Lafferty

I'm not as down on Pettersson as some, but bending over backwards to get him going is a recipe for disaster, IMO (I don't think they should be using the Lotto line anymore as well).

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
remember the butter soft penalty that lead to the 6 on 4 when we were trying to clinch?
i do remember saying specifically that the officiating was fine outside of that call after that game… everyone knows what THAT call was ha

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Checkin in from the Loops. Just sat down and started the Hurricanes game. Go Nucks!! My survivor pick for today. Feeling really good about this...

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Can’t even go for a scooter ride without someone stopping on a bridge to take a picture of you. Enjoy the next 9 years Petey.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I mean they also had like double amount of PP or how many minutes more? A lot of subtle non calls.
we weren’t disciplined with our sticks at all. sometimes one team just takes more penalties. you cant call it 50/50 if it’s 60/40

Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad