GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Ok this is good. Tocchet can always pivot back to;

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Bring Blueger back to 4th line.

If he needs to during the game. Perhaps might be better if Podkolzin starts on the 4th line to get his feet wet. The boy better bring energy and hitting to get the fans riled up early.

LFG and win tonight

Lafferty and Mikheyev definitely need a “reset”. Haven’t really provided much other than being defensively responsible. While that is important, we really need depth to beat Edmonton.

We can’t have Miller, Boeser, Joshua, Garland, Lindholm always scoring. We need a 3rd or 4th line goal and the boys will be inspired.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Pettersson to wing
Lindholm as his center
Hoglander is back
Blueger reunited with Joshua and Garland
Podkolzin gets 4th line opportunity
PDG is back

Mikheyev benched

Ohhh yessss

This is the game we unleash Pettersson Pod and Hoglander onto the Oils defense .......im so happy and stoked if this is our lineup.

Feel like the rope a dope is now about to turn into Muhammad Ali coming at the Oilers in full force and our depth taking over.....master class in coaching if it works and Tocc does it without being too conservative.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Playoff Pod in?
Stoney and Lafferty out?
Ikea line assembled?

IMG_8545.jpeg

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Not convinced Podz will do anything but he certainly won't any less than Lafferty or Mikeyhev.

Hoglander has always responded well to wake up call in the past. I expect a good game from him.
Throughout his hockey career, he has stepped up In the playoffs. Lets hope for the best :cheers:

Reactions: Indiana

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Not convinced Podz will do anything but he certainly won't any less than Lafferty or Mikeyhev.

Hoglander has always responded well to wake up call in the past. I expect a good game from him.
Honestly even just as a set of fresh legs willing to run around and get the Oilers all riled up he can be an asset, especially on home ice where they can better dictate matchups.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Morning skate #Canucks lines

Suter. Miller. Boeser.
Höglander. Lindholm. Pettersson.
Joshua. Blueger. Garland.
PDG. Åman. Podkolzin.

Extras: Mikheyev, Lafferty, Karlsson

Hughes. Hronek.
Soucy. Myers.
Zadorov. Cole.
Friedman. Juulsen.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Aman is a big downgrade from Blueger in terms of a Draisaitl/McDavid matchup which I think is probably why they've waited until they have last change to make this change.
Would you have gone Lafferty at C instead of Aman?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Aman is a big downgrade from Blueger in terms of a Draisaitl/McDavid matchup which I think is probably why they've waited until they have last change to make this change.

Yep. That line should be playing sheltered minutes and line-matched against Edmonton's 4th unit/3rd D-pair as much as possible. I think they'll have some legs, but it's not a line I feel super confident in defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad