Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That is fair but he is nowhere close to what Silovs has done

True - but the only way to find out if he can is to play him more.

Silovs has given us an outstanding run of play that no one expected. If Pickard manages something similar, that would be massive to the Oilers’ chances.

(I personally don’t see it happening, and think there’s an opportunity for us to exploit that on home ice in Game 5 with a consistent offensive effort.)

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I take solace in the fact that this team has probably put a major dent in any cup run for Edmonton should they win the series.

Just cannot see them beating Dallas with the lack of goaltending and injuries.

I don't know, their two freaks of nature continue to pile up points despite the high minutes. They don't even look remotely tired.

The irony right now is that when Demko went down everyone thought our goaltending would stop us from having playoff success yet the reality is our lack of team offensive depth

They have not been the same team since the All Star break. Cold hard truth. That team had absolutely everything go right from October to December.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Out: Juulsen, Aman, Karlsson, Lafferty
In: Soucy, Hoglander, Podkolzin, PDG

Use home ice advantage to load up the lines more.
Why Aman was ever in there over Podz is a mystery. Big guy, but plays like he’s made of glass. Lafferty has shown very little of the grit from early in the season.

Podkolzin was hitting everything that moved in his end of season stint. He’s got a great motor. He’s not as skilled as garland but he doesn’t quit the same as him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks are fortunate that they're still basking in the afterglow of the Stuart Skinner meltdown. With even average goaltending, the Oilers would easily be up 3-1 in this series.

But that's the value of being in the playoffs. You learn in a hurry where your team needs help. Allvin and Rutherford of course have taken in every game--so they're seeing the same things we all are.

Based on these playoffs alone, I'd prioritize signing Lindholm and Zadorov. As for their other UFA's, it really hard to see a lot of them coming back.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Did anyone predict us in 5? Dont get the sentiment of doom. I picked Van in 7 before the series. The longer it goes the more likely the oilers gas.
I did lol

Why Aman was ever in there over Podz is a mystery. Big guy, but plays like he’s made of glass. Lafferty has shown very little of the grit from early in the season.

Podkolzin was hitting everything that moved in his end of season stint. He’s got a great motor. He’s not as skilled as garland but he doesn’t quit the same as him.
I guess the worry is he might take penalties but then we already had Karlsson doing that due to a lack of speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad