Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM 4 | Oilers def. Canucks 3-2 (Garland, Joshua) | Thaaaaaaat sucked.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
That was me. I truly believe that. It's not even being negative and pessimistic. I actually really respect how plucky our team is and how far they've come defensively. I just don't think it's feasible to play this way every game in the playoffs. You have to control some of your games. But they're getting by on scrapping and clawing and miraculous comebacks and 1 goal wins. You need to know how to do that in the playoffs but it can't be how you play EVERY game.

I just think the team is overmatched. They aren't quite ready.
Need a few tweaks yet no doubt but I won't give up we are tied up keep fighting

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
how-do-you-f***-that-up-a-history-of-violence.gif

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Petey was still skating gingerly there at the end but he got put with Garhua, Boeser, and Lindholm. That wasn't a difference in effort, but the guys on his line got the pucks and made smart plays and he looked good because of that.

FREE f***ING PETEY.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The loss is almost a good thing. Roster changes can occur now and we can get Hoglander back in. Soucy is back too. Tocchet needs to get Pettersson going, it’s his job, and he gives him Lafferty.

There’s a point in this timeline where the blame isn’t just on Pettersson, even though he deservedly gets the blame. Tocchet needs to adapt and he’s simply failing.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
What a wild swing of emotions there at the end. This has been one heckuva series.

Proud of the boys for fighting back after a really awful first, but man, it feels terrible to give that up so quickly after tying it.

The only way the Canucks have been able to swing the tide this series (outside of game 1) is playing the crap out of Hughes. It was no coincidence the pressure ramped up the moment he started going out there every other shift. Literally no one else is competent right now at making a pass out of the d zone to a guy with speed, and its resulting in us playing uphill until his minutes go up.

Hronek's passing ability dissapearing, along with that softness at the end, is dissapointing and a big part of this problem because splitting them doesn't help (as we saw with that soft last shift). Unlike Petey, who has the built in linemates excuse (seriously, the number of times Lafferty chased the same guy as Ilya was infuriating & resulted in his ass getting benched), this dude is playing with the best dman in the world, and coming up with nadda.

Garland was an absolute stud all night. Silovs was great, that last goal was kinda stinky though. Miller was good defensively, but fairly weak otherwise today.

I have a wedding to go to Saturday that I'm flying into Vancouver for, so was selfishly hoping they'd finish this in 5 to make my life easier :laugh:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That 4 minute shitty pp did most of the damage. Oilers were intense and desperate. Woke up in the 3rd as a thank you to Silovs, but too little too late.

It really did. They had a total of 6 mins of PP early in the 1st and a real opportunity to shell that AHL goalie and take the Oilers and their fans right out of it. They blew it. This game should have been over in the first with the Canucks handedly in control but instead they gave the Oilers and the arena all the momentum after those brutal PPs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad