Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Jets are one of the higher end zombie teams, along with NSH, WAS, NYI, PIT, etc. Going to be like Calgary inside of two years. Should've blown it up a long long time ago.

It's actually beautiful to watch these stubborn owners and managers prolong the descent.

This is spot on.

Whatever is going on in Toronto is the worst though. Running it back 7 times with the same core and one series win. Haha pathetic

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Jets have Heinola, Perfetti, Lambert, Barlow, McGroaty, Lucius all very close if not most NHL ready. They also have four more years of Morrissey and seven more years of Helle (yeah he isn't playing great) and Scheif. They are built to be competitive long term.
I can tell you right now that even with all those guys in the NHL, the period of growing pains overlapping with a win-now mentality from old guys who no longer are worth their cap hit is not a good thing. Ships passing in the night.

Look at Minnesota, Detroit, St. Louis in recent years - it just doesn't work.

Reactions: Team Bring It

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I am really surprised that so many people picked the Jets over the Avs....I really thought this was clearly the Avs all the way....a recent cup winner and all that with some of the best high end talent in the league.......though I thought the series would be closer ......

Avs out-shooting the Jets 153-103 so far. Hellebuyck hasn’t been great, but Colorado’s offense is running over Winnipeg’s defense.
And yet incredibly, many Jet fans are having the gall to blame their losses on the reffing...and of course it is all a conspiracy by Bettman who is behind it all....unreal....

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
And yet incredibly, many Jet fans are having the gall to blame their losses on the reffing...and of course it is all a conspiracy by Bettman who is behind it all....unreal....
Nah man. A select few have and they’re fun to goad, but Jets fans have been pretty honest on how the series has went so far. You want delusion, head over to HFOil after a loss. That’s unreal.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Imagine trying to troll that you didn’t notice a defenseman. That means he did his job.
I didn't try to troll him. I'm a big fan of Josh Manson. I didn't get to watch the game and when I looked at the stats sheet I didn't see him on the roster so I came here to see if anything happened to him. Then I checked again and I overlooked his name. Lol

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Are they really going to do the same shit a 3rd time where they win the 1st game and then go on to lose 4 straight?

It ius like they think only winning one game is good enough.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Had the Avs as my Cup winner if they got their D and G together. So far looking good against a very good team.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
its utterly insane, how the Avs are able to make the best defensive team, with the best goalie in the west look like an AHL team. Utterly insane. I think they are broken mentally right now. 3-1 leads happen, but I didn't expect the Avs to average 6 goals a game against the best goalie in the west.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I just cant believe the team that gave up the least amount of goals in the regular season, absolutely embarrassed the Avs in the regular season, are getting absolutely dominated.

its utterly insane, how the Avs are able to make the best defensive team, with the best goalie in the west look like an AHL team. Utterly insane. I think they are broken mentally right now. 3-1 leads happen, but I didn't expect the Avs to average 6 goals a game against the best goalie in the west.

It's the Calgary Flames 2019 all over again.

That year the Flames went undefeated against the Avs in the regular season, matched up in round 1 and won a convincing game 1 at home. Then the Avs railed of four straight wins absolutely embarrassing Calgary.

People need to stop taking the regular season so seriously. Seeding is important but it's not going to win a series for anyone. And the Avs star players learned how to show up in the postseason.

The Avs this year remind me of Tampa in '21, they just kind of dicked around in the regular season enough to make the playoffs and woke up when the real season started. All they need is league average goaltending.

What should be terrifying the NHL is that Mittlestadt/Lehkonen look better than MacKinnon/Rantanen right now. And Drouin should be back next round.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Even if Winnipeg manages to win game 4, the more concerning news is the play of Hellebuyck. He's not the goalie who's going to take this Jets team to a cup anytime soon unless he drastically ups his play in the playoffs.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Nov 24, 2006
Us Jets fans are also pretty much stunned by how it's gone. 4th overall in the NHL to end the season and we're getting soundly outplayed everywhere on the ice, and the ace up our sleeve, Hellebuyck, is not helping us steal a game. He's not really the problem, but he's also not the solution.

Our coach's response? Scratch 4th liner David Gustafson and insert 4th liner Axel Jonsson Fjallby in his place.

Also, the Avs as a team have raised their level of play (speed, tenancity, etc) and the Jets have not. The Jets have reasonable depth but they do not have a MacKinnon or a Makar. Our special teams (PK and PP) have been poor all year and we are seeing the effects of this right now. Really, the only question remaining in my mind, are the Jets going to fold like a cheap tent for game 5 (elimination game) or will they show some resilience?

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
J
Jets have Heinola, Perfetti, Lambert, Barlow, McGroaty, Lucius all very close if not most NHL ready. They also have four more years of Morrissey and seven more years of Helle (yeah he isn't playing great) and Scheif. They are built to be competitive long term.
Jets are a good team and there's nothing wrong with their big contracts. Series isn't over yet. Also their future still looks good as you've pointed out.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Jets are one of the higher end zombie teams, along with NSH, WAS, NYI, PIT, etc. Going to be like Calgary inside of two years. Should've blown it up a long long time ago.

It's actually beautiful to watch these stubborn owners and managers prolong the descent.
I mentioned Hellebuyck in the playoff under achievers thread, but there are others in that remaining core. They've hitched their wagons to him and Scheifele on team-friendly deals. It might have to be Perfetti, Vilardi, Lambert and others that drag them kicking and screaming.

Reactions: Team Bring It

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Jets are a good team and there's nothing wrong with their big contracts. Series isn't over yet. Also their future still looks good as you've pointed out.
All true.

I just dont see us losing all remaining games in this series after how we played all 4 games so far.
With all due respect to the Jets and their fanbase, but if it wasnt for Georgiev in Game 1, this series could allready be over.

As said after Game 1: If Georgiev gets his shit together and gives his team average to solide goaltending the rest of the series the Jets are in deep trouble if they cant find a way to slow down the attacks and the speed of the AVs.

More so if Helleybuck dont lives up to his Vezina....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad