Visiting Boston - I need help please.

Neely#8

Jul 30, 2005
Hello Everybody,

I am a long time reader, and infrequent poster from Canada. I live with my family just outside Niagara Falls.

This weekend, I am driving down to Boston with my boy and am looking for some advice on a number of fronts:

#1. I would like to take him to the Pats game - the official NEPats website says that they are sold out - so is buying scalper tix the best way to go?

#2. Is it better to stay in Boston or outside closer to the stadium?

#3. Does anyone know of a good hotel to stay at?

#4. Also looking for some good restaurants....

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Go Pats! and let's hope for the NHL/NHLPA to wise up and settle for the winter!!

Neely#8

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Normally I would suggest staying outside the city, but hotels are generally pretty pricey between Boston and Gillette stadium anyway. Parking for a Patriots game is 40 bucks I think, no clue on what the scalper situation is like. A quick search on Stubhub is saying that a pair of tickets and all the fees will be close to 300 bucks total.

For restaurant choices, I've always been partial to Jacob Wirth but you could eat just about anywhere and it would be great.

Neely#8

Jul 30, 2005
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the reply. I have never been to the Razor - is there a bad seat in the place?

Are the 300 seats ok?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thanks for the reply. I have never been to the Razor - is there a bad seat in the place?

Are the 300 seats ok?

The upper levels are pretty steep. If you get vertigo just be careful when you stand up, otherwise, you'll be fine when seated. I have no issues with heights too, but it was unnerving at times. It reminded me very much of the old garden.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Are the 300 seats ok?

I been 5 times this year but not going Sunday- however, I'd monitor Stub Hub and get them ahead and print. The 300's are way up there and could be really cold so dress super warm.

I'd take the train as well- rarely do, but did last year for the Broncos playoff game. So much easier and less hassle.

Have a great time and remember to switch your wallet to the front pocket;)

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
There are some nice places to eat inside Patriots Place. Olive Garden, Red Robin, Toby Keith's Bar & Grill. Not 5 star restaurants, but nice places to grab a bite to eat.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
It may not make sense if you're going to the Pats game, but I stayed at the Liberty Hotel a month ago and it was fantastic. It's about 5 minutes or less from the Garden if you want to go to a celts game, and the amenities are beautiful.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hello Everybody,

I am a long time reader, and infrequent poster from Canada. I live with my family just outside Niagara Falls.

This weekend, I am driving down to Boston with my boy and am looking for some advice on a number of fronts:

#1. I would like to take him to the Pats game - the official NEPats website says that they are sold out - so is buying scalper tix the best way to go?

#2. Is it better to stay in Boston or outside closer to the stadium?

#3. Does anyone know of a good hotel to stay at?

#4. Also looking for some good restaurants....

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Go Pats! and let's hope for the NHL/NHLPA to wise up and settle for the winter!!

Neely#8

For a nice quiet evening, might I suggest a night out at the TD Northbank Gardens??:sarcasm:

Lots of great travel hints from the fans here, ignore my smart arse one;)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
For a nice quiet evening, might I suggest a night out at the TD Northbank Gardens??:sarcasm:

Lots of great travel hints from the fans here, ignore my smart arse one;)
Gotta check the schedule, though, so there's no conflict with a Bruins game. :)

Also, you may want to check the sticky above on visits to Boston. Lots of hotel and restaurant suggestions.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Gotta check the schedule, though, so there's no conflict with a Bruins game. :)

Also, you may want to check the sticky above on visits to Boston. Lots of hotel and restaurant suggestions.

Haha, you bet, potential to have a 17,000 seat arena all to themselves there

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
>>#1. I would like to take him to the Pats game - the official NEPats website says that they are sold out - so is buying scalper tix the best way to go?

Stub Hub or Ace Ticket.

>>#2. Is it better to stay in Boston or outside closer to the stadium?

There is a handy "Football Train" that leaves from Back Bay in downtown Boston and ships you out and back to the Stadium.

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/patriots/Default.asp

The stadium is a good drive out of the city and if you want to stay in Boston you might be well served to look at the train, otherwise maybe not stay in the city. Personally, I would stay in Boston and not drive to the game.

>>#3. Does anyone know of a good hotel to stay at?

Depends how much you want to spend. Areas I would look at would be around Copley Square, around the Aquarium/waterfront, or Back Bay. The North End is fun too, lots of restaurants. It's on the edge of the downtown scene so you'll be using the subway, cabs, or feet to get other places, but there's enough to do there to keep amused.

>> #4. Also looking for some good restaurants....

Depends what you like. It's a pretty good restaurant town. Most of the neighborhoods are pretty easy to get to by the subway or even walking, depending on the weather. It's a pretty small city, good for walking. What kind of food and budget are you partial too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad