Value of: Value 5th overall pick??

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal is stacked on defense. If top 3 forwards are gone at 5 overall, Montreal GM has stated publicly several times he may move his pick if BPA is a defenseman. Most likely be #1 defenseman like Buium, Dickinson or Parekh. Whichever you perfer?

Wonder what Habs could get for this pick?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
After Celebrini there's a blender full of forwards, If the Habs are worried the should make a deal to move up to #3 or 4

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd offer it for Mercer, Z, Frost or equivilant. If that fails, then BPA defenseman, develop him and see who amongst the overflow of defenseman can be traded.

This is a critical junction were we get out of rebuild next year or add a few more.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd offer it for Mercer, Z, Frost or equivilant. If that fails, then BPA defenseman, develop him and see who amongst the overflow of defenseman can be traded.

This is a critical junction were we get out of rebuild next year or add a few more.
I doubt those are enough.

Habs likely take a Defenseman (Buium), and see how it looks 2 years from now.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
In terms of potentially « disponible » players, the only one that could make sense, value wise, is Zegras. But personally wouldn’t do it. There might be other players that we don’t know but all in all, if we trade the 5OA, I would prefer to trade down to 7OA (Ott) or 9OA (Calgary), getting their late 1st with it.

You draft Helenius or Iginla and trade Winnipeg’s 1st + Ott/Calgary late 1st in a package for a top 6 winger.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Frost... Say what?!?

Expect some frosty responses.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

The only one who is worth it out of those is Z and mtl still probably wouldn't do it. Mercer or Frost would be a big fat NOOOOOOO

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

Mercer maybe , Zegras sure but Frost?? No way we move our 1st pick for frost

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Montreal is stacked on defense. If top 3 forwards are gone at 5 overall, Montreal GM has stated publicly several times he may move his pick if BPA is a defenseman. Most likely be #1 defenseman like Buium, Dickinson or Parekh. Whichever you perfer?

Wonder what Habs could get for this pick?
alternate to keeping d and trading pick [for F help]

LaF could be had imo but requires overpay. he is excellent 5x5, signif part of best 5x5 line in NHL, short term not crazy $$$, etc

You don't HAVE TO go LaF, but if you do,
You have to bite the bullet and pay top $
equal value doesn't cut it, and let's not be hypocrites, we usually don't do = for = value, coke for pepsi
we do trades to get ahead, profit

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for
LaF + [likely including Lindgren + Jones as stopgaps]

that checks all boxes, keep yr 5OA, draft bpa, and even if Lind + Jo not included, you STILL have lots of D
[also Reinbacher not actually here for another 1.5 yrs, so in terms of immediate roster removal, that would just be Guhle].

Rs would take D help and gamble Othmann can step in

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I would hope for a better forward for the 5th overall.

Mercer and Zegras need a bounce-back year and Frost has yet to show the kind of play you want for the 5th overall.

Maybe target one of the Carolina young forward (Necas, Svechnikov, Jarvis) to help with their upcoming cap crunch? Obviously, most of them would require additional assets.

Personally, I'm more of a draft BPA and make your big moves in summer 2025 when a bunch of deadwood goes away. This will also help us pinpoint our needs better with another year of watching the growth of our young guys.

There's a non-zero chance we would need to spend assets on a top4 RD or a 2nd C instead of a top6 winger. Depends on how our top prospects develop.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

LaF could be had imo but requires overpay. he is excellent 5x5, signif part of best 5x5 line in NHL, short term not crazy $$$, etc

equal value doesn't cut it, and let's not be hypocrites, we usually don't do = for = value, coke for pepsi

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for

that checks all boxes, keep yr 5OA, draft bpa, and even if Lind + Jo not included, you STILL have lots of D
[also Reinbacher not actually here for another 1.5 yrs, so in terms of immediate roster removal, that would just be Guhle].

Montreal can’t afford to trade Guhle. Reinbacher is tempting but he’s already NHL ready and we need help on the right side now.

Why don’t you just take 5OA for Lafreniere and draft one of the top D?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for

Guhle > Laf
reinbacher >>>>>>>>> Jones
Lindgren is a #6 like Savard

Why the F Habs do this?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for

So a 22 year old top 4 dman + a 19 year old RHD recently taken at 5

For

22 year old top 6 winger

That's insanity.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Montreal can’t afford to trade Guhle. Reinbacher is tempting but he’s already NHL ready and we need help on the right side now.

Why don’t you just take 5OA for Lafreniere and draft one of the top D?
Laf is not worth a top5 pick tho.

Barron + 5th
For
Laf + Schneider

Is the only deal making sense for Habs

• Haha
Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for

Counter offer
Guhle vs Laf + Perreault

You don't have to go Guhle, but if you do, you have to bite the bullet and pay to $

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I think he is and likely to be a PPG player as soon as next year if he gets some PP1 time
So? Has he done it? A swer is no.

As of now he is a 0.5ppg winger in a great team.

5th OA >> Laf

What are Rangers sending our way for us to accept? Needs to be a top prospect. Not Jones, not a bottom pairing D like Lindgren, a top prospect.

Reactions: Ciao and viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad