GDT: UFC on ESPN: Vera vs. Sandhagen

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Reminds me a bit of Yan vs Merab, in terms of domination, start to finish. (so far)

Reactions: Avs_19

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Sandhagen just too good for Chito. Not a surprising result, but I was hoping for a more competitive fight.

O'Malley vs Sandhagen would be a great matchup.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sandhagen was moving around a ton laterally pre-fight and in retrospect it was a tell as he used it all fight. Shades of a prime Dom Cruz in there.

Not sure how Sandhagen does against Merab but should be interesting.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Merab vs. Sandhagen works for me. That seems like the fight to make since Merab isn't fighting Aljo.

No idea what's up with O'Malley. I do know there's zero chance they're putting him in there with Merab.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Am I the only one who didn't think the 48-47 Chito was that bad? Especially compared to some of the score cards we've been getting lately. I don't think he won the fight by any means but those last 3 rounds didn't have a clear winner. Sandhagen did have more control but hard to argue that either did more damage. I certainly didn't think it was as bad as the commentary team seemed to think.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
O'Malley has indicated that he can basically wait for a title shot, which is too bad. He hasn't put himself ahead of Merab or Sandhagen, and in my personal opinion he is not better than Yan.

He should be fighting guys like Song Yadong but the name value will put him at the top, just the way it is.

Am I the only one who didn't think the 48-47 Chito was that bad? Especially compared to some of the score cards we've been getting lately. I don't think he won the fight by any means but those last 3 rounds didn't have a clear winner. Sandhagen did have more control but hard to argue that either did more damage. I certainly didn't think it was as bad as the commentary team seemed to think.
48-47 Chito is honestly one of the worst scorecards I have ever seen. Disgusting. Nothing supports that score.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Merab vs. Sandhagen works for me. That seems like the fight to make since Merab isn't fighting Aljo.

No idea what's up with O'Malley. I do know there's zero chance they're putting him in there with Merab.

Pretty sure it's been said that O'Malley will get winner of Aljo/CCC.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Yeah, as long as it was the last three rounds I don't hate it as much as most. People seem to be outraged at every scorecard they don't like lately.

I wasn't scoring too closely, though.

Reactions: Taytro

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
A little underwhelming, Chito did too little too late. But Sandhagen is pretty awkward. Him vs Merab is a good idea though.

Reactions: Avs_19

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
48-47 Chito is honestly one of the worst scorecards I have ever seen. Disgusting. Nothing supports that score.
I think that is a huge exaggeration, if this is one of the worst scorecards youve seen then you need to watch more fights. Again, I absolutely don't think Chito won but when there's not a ton of damage being landed on either side it's hard to have such strong opinions on the scorecards. I think the scorecard is wrong, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Regardless of how bad the scorecard is, the guy with the dissenting scorecard seems to only have a few fights that he's even judged in the mma decision database. Why are these guys judging big UFC fights? Makes no sense.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I think that is a huge exaggeration, if this is one of the worst scorecards youve seen then you need to watch more fights. Again, I absolutely don't think Chito won but when there's not a ton of damage being landed on either side it's hard to have such strong opinions on the scorecards. I think the scorecard is wrong, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone's making it out to be.
Completely disagree. I think it has more to do with the dominance in the first 2 rounds, making the rest seem competitive in comparison. A total illusion that sways the incompetent mind.

I'll wait for a single human being to come close to justifying 3 rounds to Vera. The numbers weren't even remotely close, not to mention the takedowns. I have been watching this sport obsessively for a long time and that scorecard is despicable.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Completely disagree. I think it has more to do with the dominance in the first 2 rounds, making the rest seem competitive in comparison. A total illusion that sways the incompetent mind.

I'll wait for a single human being to come close to justifying 3 rounds to Vera. The numbers weren't even remotely close, not to mention the takedowns. I have been watching this sport obsessively for a long time and that scorecard is despicable.
You clearly have very strong opinions/like to exaggerate and seemingly aren't able to have a normal conversation without blowing things out of proportion. So I won't pry anymore and just simply disagree. Chito clearly lost the fight however, the last 3 rounds weren't nearly dominant or decisive enough to make this one of the worst scorecards in recent memory.

Regardless of how bad the scorecard is, the guy with the dissenting scorecard seems to only have a few fights that he's even judged in the mma decision database. Why are these guys judging big UFC fights? Makes no sense.
Athletic commissions are terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad