• $3

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
This feels like a series where this kid can go to the next level. I so hope he's up for the physicality.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
3 goals and a team leading +5 (next best was a +2)

Not too shabby of a start to his 2024 playoff run

He’s been very impressive. Defensively, offensively (such timely goals) and transition wise.

He seems to have very thoughtful entries and great chips/dumps that lead to sustained pressure.

This has been a big improvement for him in terms of playoff performance, and he seems to be coming into his own. Good to see it

Reactions: BBruins

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
Freddy has been really solid so far... Except when it comes to faceoffs. Why does Monty ever have him taking a faceoff, especially in the defensive zone?? If he wants to remain a Center, he either needs some serious FO training in the offseason or needs to always be on a line with a winger that takes all the FOs.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
T-Fred has finally started to become a nifty little player. First round pick worthy? No. But worth keeping around now? Hell yeah. He puts up points, is a physical force, and is a true two way player. Glad to be proven wrong about Frederic.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
T-Fred has finally started to become a nifty little player. First round pick worthy? No. But worth keeping around now? Hell yeah. He puts up points, is a physical force, and is a true two way player. Glad to be proven wrong about Frederic.
Bang on but he was last pick (I think of round)

Hated pick and if I had the Scarlett Witch power would have burned draft to ground

Free agent next summer - time flies

What’s he get ?

Reactions: EvilDead

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Not first round worthy? Frederic is indisputably better than at least 18 players drafted in the first round his draft year. There is only one player taken in the second round (DeBrincat) that is even arguably a better player than Frederic, and there are probably teams out there that would take Frederic between the two.

Fans have a misconception about first round draft picks. Most of them are complete busts.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not first round worthy? Frederic is indisputably better than at least 18 players drafted in the first round his draft year. There is only one player taken in the second round (DeBrincat) that is even arguably a better player than Frederic, and there are probably teams out there that would take Frederic between the two.

Fans have a misconception about first round draft picks. Most of them are complete busts.
Name them.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
DeBrincat is a very good scorer, but "IS" a defensive liability. Trent is a better 2 way player that is offensively frustrating. Sometimes he looks like he's ready, other times it's the same inconsistency that
seems to infect a lot of the B's(DeBrusk, Coyle, Zacha)
Who would you want on the ice protecting a 1 goal lead in the last minute?(not thinking about an empty net goal either, but being stuck in your own end)

Reactions: CDJ

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Like I said, name them. I’m not saying it’s untrue, but I want to see the criteria being used as evidence for the claim.

So again, name them…
Pujilijarvi
Joulevi
Bean
Steel
Nylander
Brown
Mcleod
Stanley
Bellows
Cholowski
Gauthier
Borgstrom
Rubstov
Jones
Tufte
Johansen

16 guys above I think no question he's better.

Fabbro
Howden
Kunin
Jost

4 above I think you could make arguments either way. Overall he's 24th in points for the draft class with a solid defensive game. Hindsight it was a pretty good pick in the spot.

Reactions: UConn126 and LSCII

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Thought he played very well in the Toronto series. Florida series he didn’t do much but he was more involved than previous playoff runs.
It's a step in the right direction for him for sure. With some added depth this year with the money they have to spend he should have a bit more help on line 3 this year too.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Pujilijarvi
Joulevi
Bean
Steel
Nylander
Brown
Mcleod
Stanley
Bellows
Cholowski
Gauthier
Borgstrom
Rubstov
Jones
Tufte
Johansen

Fabbro
Howden
Kunin
Jost

4 above I think you could make arguments either way. Overall he's 24th in points for the draft class with a solid defensive game. Hindsight it was a pretty good pick in the spot.
Also played a lot fewer games than many of the above

Reactions: NDiesel

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pujilijarvi
Joulevi
Bean
Steel
Nylander
Brown
Mcleod
Stanley
Bellows
Cholowski
Gauthier
Borgstrom
Rubstov
Jones
Tufte
Johansen

Fabbro
Howden
Kunin
Jost

He’s definitely better than those 4 guys too, I don’t think the other team hesitates if we offer Frederic for one of those 4

DeBrincat is a very good scorer, but "IS" a defensive liability. Trent is a better 2 way player that is offensively frustrating. Sometimes he looks like he's ready, other times it's the same inconsistency that
Who would you want on the ice protecting a 1 goal lead in the last minute?(not thinking about an empty net goal either, but being stuck in your own end)
He’s also not a smurf

• Haha
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So if Boston offered Freddy straight up for DeBrincat, Detroit says yes? Really?

Reactions: EvilDead

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think it would be situation by situation- if a team already has an undersized or offensively dynamic lineup I could absolutely see them choosing Frederic over Debrincat. There’s only so many small guys or irresponsible guys you can have on the ice, you don’t see shrimpy 1-way teams go far

I don’t think Detroit specifically would make that trade though, debrincat seems to be a good fit there (plus he’s a local kid)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad