HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Doesn't take much to know Calgary needs D, they just moved Hanafin and Tanev and they finished the season with five minimum salary Ds on their roster (Habs D players on ELC are paid more).
Don’t we want Calgary to be crap next year for draft? Throw them an anchor as they drown.

Reactions: morhilane

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hope he doesn't move Wifi

Hughes won't. Has to be pry away value. Doubt he even trades Xhekaj for Zegras straight up.

Don’t we want Calgary to be crap next year for draft? Throw them an anchor as they drown.

Doesn't matter. We get the worse pick from the Panthers or Flames. Both teams would have to fall flat on their face.

Panthers do have cap issues to sort out this summer though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t recall the bashing of Slaf having ever been a majority thing. There were a handful of opinion leaders and this past season sent them all off into the sunset.

Some were bashing Slaf but they were a minority. Others posters liked Slaf but had him ranked below others. They just had other targets.

It was interesting that season. At one point, it looked like we were getting 3rd or 4th and Slaf talk started then. Wright was just assumed to be #1.

Curious...............can there be trades during the playoffs, or does Gary call taboo on that?

I believe the non playoff teams can make trades. Not 100% sure

Reactions: BLONG7

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Never said it was. but please when you see ones talk against Barron, chime to their comments
Sorry I've never seen you explain your side to other posters I must have missed it

we will see, I hope it works out with the young guy
?

Perhaps you forgot the post you made (below ) that I initially replied to :dunno:
I have a feeling that Barron is a bust. we will see. but he seems to be a weak link

This was the assessment I responded to...

If I understand you correctly, he seems to be a weak link & you feel he is a bust because some posters question his top 6 potential?

Strange way to base your opinion of a player but to each their own

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don’t recall the bashing of Slaf having ever been a majority thing. There were a handful of opinion leaders and this past season sent them all off into the sunset.
The majority of posters in the Slaf thread from Sept - ~dec/Jan were heavily critical of both the pick & the approach to his development. Perhaps there was a silent majority who just didn't bother commenting, but IIRC very few were voicing confidence in him being the right pick or on his development path.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Curious...............can there be trades during the playoffs, or does Gary call taboo on that?
Both non-playoff team and playoff team can make deal, but players traded by a playoff team can't play in the playoff.

I recall seeing some non playoff team making minor deal a few time in the pass. That said, there is little to no incentive to do a trade now as the draft ranking is not yet final until the end of the playoff and no playoff team will move, thus limiting the potential trade partners.

Reactions: BLONG7

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
?

Perhaps you forgot the post you made (below ) that I initially replied to :dunno:

This was the assessment I responded to...

If I understand you correctly, he seems to be a weak link & you feel he is a bust because some posters question his top 6 potential?

Strange way to base your opinion of a player but to each their own
It's my opinion I just don't see enough of him to make a difference I could be wrong
Thing is many posters have said the same thing I do but you seem to feel that I'm the guy making the big difference here
Again like I said I hope I'm wrong I hope it will accept to be a tremendous player for the Canadians I guess we have to see

We'll see if can't keep some or trade them or does he stay in Laval

All these posts on these threads are opinions not necessarily right not necessarily wrong but no one person on these threads is always right

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Hughes won't. Has to be pry away value. Doubt he even trades Xhekaj for Zegras straight up.

Doesn't matter. We get the worse pick from the Panthers or Flames. Both teams would have to fall flat on their face.

Panthers do have cap issues to sort out this summer though.
Habs get the better pick if both are not bottom 10. They get the worst of the 2 if both are bottom 10 Need Calagary to finish just outside the bottom 10 unless Florida crashes.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I feel like you. I dont see G as a weak spot for now. Last year at the same time, the idea of Askarov would have been different not knowing how Monty, Primeau and Allen would do. But after drafting Fowler (and his season in the NCAA) and seeing both Primeau and Monty do good enough last season, i'm more incline to take a wait and see approach with G for the next 2 seasons. Unless NSH is willing to give him up for free :D

That said... we know that there are hole at the C/W, so I prefer we address know deficiencies to potential ones.

Neither Monty or Primeau are nearly good enough.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If the Preds were interested, would you trade Primeau, Jets 1st, Barron, for Askarov?

Askarov has more potential to most fans but when I look at their AHL numbers, it's closer than I would imagined. Very curious to see who's better when we look back 5 years from now. What is the gap between these two at the NHL level.

3 year age gap so it's reasonable to assume Askarov is on a better pace in development.

You won't know until you try it for more than 10 games.
Hell yeah I'd trade essentially scraps for a great goalie prospect

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The majority of posters in the Slaf thread from Sept - ~dec/Jan were heavily critical of both the pick & the approach to his development. Perhaps there was a silent majority who just didn't bother commenting, but IIRC very few were voicing confidence in him being the right pick or on his development path.
I advocated patience on the basis that he wasn’t drafted for what he’d do then but in 2-3 years from that time. In a strange way, I ended up being pleasantly wrong — he arrived much sooner.

If I recall correctly, you were on the supportive side.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Hell yeah I'd trade essentially scraps for a great goalie prospect

Then again, scraps won't get you a great goalie prospect. Teams also have player and contract counts. The last thing a team wants is additional scrap. In a trade, you taking on extra scraps rather than giving them is usually what the trade partner wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad