Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I agree with the effort - I'm never going to question their desire to want to win or the effort they put into this. I just don't think they are good enough, or mentally strong enough.

The idea that anyone, this deep into this gong show, could still retain 10% belief, is insane to me. But we all fan in our own way, so fair play to you.

I have tickets to a possible game 6.

I don't want a game 6. Just rip off the bandad and let's be done with this "Shanaplan" nonsense once and for all.
Do the players really want another game in front of the home crowd?

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Such a weird time in Leaf's history.

Never before have they made the playoffs 8 years in a row. Although, I did not fact check this, it seems unlikely a team has had one series win in 8 years. It feels like that is almost impossible to do.
I agree. Unfortunately it has meant no deep runs, but a massive lack of pick of prospects too. Buyers for years without anything to show for it.

8 years making the playoffs is impressive, if you're consistently a threat. The Leafs objectively have not been, and that's a fact because the results, and not emotions, bear that out. 8 years of failure means its not a coincidence, it's a pattern, and those most responsible for that pattern are still here.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
When you understand that our offensive systems suck, it's easier to understand than it being purely a question of execution.
I would agree that the system sucks. Yet they still generate chances that almost never go in.

They have hit the post more than any other team, or simply fire the puck into the goalie. Opportunities have been there. Results not so much

Reactions: Gallagbi

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I understand the sentiment of just “let’s get this over with” but I am a fan of seeing more playoff games. There is no way for me to hope they just lose and be done with it. Not wired that way, I guess.
Yeah it's unlikely that they come back and win three in a row based on how the series has gone, but the Leafs have come back from 3-1 against Boston before in 2018, the Leafs have lost a 3-1 series lead, and Boston blew a 3-1 series lead last year. It's not over until it's over.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think at least a couple of these 3-1 series will go 7 games, including Leafs/Bruins and Tampa/Florida.
Yeah you think this Bruins team is goona repeat last year's series loss to Florida to this Maple Leafs team? Why not bet your house on it? I am sure you will get great odds.

Reactions: egd27

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The leafs will do the leafiest thing, give us hope and force a game 7 and lose 4-1 . More suffering is to come. The leafs would rather kill its fan base by a thousand cuts then a simple needle injection

Reactions: fahad203

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think at least a couple of these 3-1 series will go 7 games, including Leafs/Bruins and Tampa/Florida.
The playoff atmosphere in both TB and Florida could inspire the Lightning, but i dont think it goes 7.

I almost feel bad that Boston has to play road games in Toronto, but that rest they had last week could be enough to propel them to the SCF.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The leafs will do the leafiest thing, give us hope and force a game 7 and lose 4-1 . More suffering is to come. The leafs would rather kill its fan base by a thousand cuts then a simple needle injection
This bunch won't do that to us. If Matty is out, Nylander is not 100%, Marner is still sulking and Tavares is washed, the Bruins are not letting them off the hook IMO. They will show the Leafs what killer instinct is. I can see MLSEL firing Keefe by the end of the week to appease the fanbase after another pathetic showing by the core. I hope they have the balls to fire Shanny at the same time.

Are you watching this circus Pelley? Well if you want to show us that you are just not another empty lousy suit, do your f***ing job this week.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah you think this Bruins team is goona repeat last year's series loss to Florida to this Maple Leafs team? Why not bet your house on it? I am sure you will get great odds.
There are two teams on the ice. Boston obviously will not want to repeat last season, but the Leafs have a say in that. It will depend on which version of the Leafs shows up in games 5, 6 and 7. I do worry that this series goes to 7 games, the Leafs win, and Keefe keeps his job.

Reactions: fahad203

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
There are two teams on the ice. Boston obviously will not want to repeat last season, but the Leafs have a say in that. It will depend on which version of the Leafs shows up in games 5, 6 and 7. I do worry that this series goes to 7 games, the Leafs win, and Keefe keeps his job.
These Leafs have lost 6 straight home playoff games and never won a game #7. Their D, specialty teams, and G are pathetic. I suggest you watch Twightlight Zone - The Big Tall Wish, and do for the Leafs what the kid did for the washed up boxer. It is the only way the Leafs win this series.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Resigned that the Leafs will most likely lose the series, but get it to Game 7 and win one f@@#ing game at home for the fans spending thousands to watch you play.
For me, mind you I do not live in Toronto and have never been to a playoff game, I would much rather spare the agony of going through 3 more games, only to see them lose AGAIN in the 1st round.

Reactions: Jojalu and ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad