Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You know what’s even crazier?

Mcdavid has 10 points in 4 games
Hyman has 7 points and 6 goals
Draisaitl has 8 points
Bouchard has 6

It’s almost like you win more games when your stars score

Unfortunately the Leafs don’t play in the Pacific.

What’s Hyman’s stats playing the Atlantic?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This will not go to 7 games. They will loose the next , there is to much against them.
Outgoalied and outblocked. 26-6 or what was i?. Thats beyond crazy. 20 shots that did not get through to the keeper. WTF. Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! GAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

It is not the hiting toughness that is wrong it is the skill to block shots and find your way past blocks.

Reactions: TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Not sure what would be Leafiest...

1. Taking it to game 7 to lose in some horribly embarrassing fashion

2. Taking it to game 6 to lose on home ice and make sure no one gets their tickets refunded

3. Getting shut out in game 5 to end our scoring streak

Or maybe they can combine 2 and 3 to really drive the dagger deep.

You know the funny part is after game 1 and 2 I was told Keefe couldn't decide the matchups due to Bruins having home ice. He didn't get Matthews a favourable matchup a single shift in the first two games. But in games 3 and 4 he let the Bruins dictate the matchups anyways. He couldn't manage to get Matthews away from Carlo/Lindholm/McAvoy AT ALL and most of the time let them match the Marchard line against him too. Quite the joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: egd27 and OddyOh

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Last game of the year? Put us out of our misery please.
A definitive, crushing loss that removed all doubt of the need for change? Things like that don’t happen here in leaf land. We will get the dead cat bounce and an inspired effort. This is as certain as the inevitable flat effort we will give every time it looks like we should win a game easily.

A healthier Auston is a wildcard though. That kid is an amazing player.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Yes

Keefe is toast. The rest is TBD.

If I were running the team I'd toss them all in a vat of chemicals like the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie.

That's because he sucks tactically and personally

We do. Management and ownership deserve something even worse.

A good coach elevates their team. Keefe alternates between having no effect and having a strongly negative effect.

They don't have the cap space to do so. They have a bunch of pouty :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: with NMC's and the first steps should be to ride out JT and trade Marner if possible.

The Bruins are owned by a single man, but the Leafs have corporate ownership that wants pathetic-ass woke soft marketable-to-idiot-kids bullshit hockey. I hope they all get genital warts. Not you though, you're cool.

If you feel our pain then you know the best thing for us is to treat us like a BDSM sub in Game 5. Rub our limp-dicked noses in it because that's what these insults to this proud uniform deserve.

No I haven't even been drinking.

EDIT: and this site can shove its profanity filter up its collective ass. I can't believe I gave warnings for bypassing the filter when I was a mod here, what a delusional power tripping turd I was.
Such a weird time in Leaf's history.

Never before have they made the playoffs 8 years in a row. Although, I did not fact check this, it seems unlikely a team has had one series win in 8 years. It feels like that is almost impossible to do.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
A definitive, crushing loss that removed all doubt of the need for change? Things like that don’t happen here in leaf land. We will get the dead cat bounce and an inspired effort. This is as certain as the inevitable flat effort we will give every time it looks like we should win a game easily.

A healthier Auston is a wildcard though. That kid is an amazing player.
This is my expectation as well. Do just enough keep management/ownership from having to make any difficult decisions.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
They don't believe in themselves. There's absolutely 0 reason why we should.

Hoping they put us out of our misery - watching this group has often felt like torture, and I'm ready for it to mercifully come to an end.

It's going to be like that series against Columbus. Remember that one game we came back from being down to 3 goals?
Only to lose game 5. Very leafy

We win game 5 in Boston. Lay an egg in game 6 at home

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
They don't believe in themselves. There's absolutely 0 reason why we should.

Hoping they put us out of our misery - watching this group has often felt like torture, and I'm ready for it to mercifully come to an end.
Not me!

I need that Game 7 to make sure I feel that full sting.

In all honesty, I can't blame their effort. They are extremely physical, they are trying to keep Boston outside.

The one thing thay still plaugues them is their inability to score. Which should be their strength.

90% of me is resigned to the fact that this collective core just can't get it done. That last 10% is hanging by a thread hoping Nylander's words woke up the rest and they get it done

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
win or lose I'd like to see Liljegren back in. I'd rather him get experience than pending UFAs like Brodie continue to blow

Also get Woll in net. We are not re-signing Samsonov so might as well give some experience to Woll
Lily needs to go as much as Brodie, niether will embrace the physical side of the game imo……..

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Not me!

I need that Game 7 to make sure I feel that full sting.

In all honesty, I can't blame their effort. They are extremely physical, they are trying to keep Boston outside.

The one thing thay still plaugues them is their inability to score. Which should be their strength.

90% of me is resigned to the fact that this collective core just can't get it done. That last 10% is hanging by a thread hoping Nylander's words woke up the rest and they get it done
I agree with the effort - I'm never going to question their desire to want to win or the effort they put into this. I just don't think they are good enough, or mentally strong enough.

The idea that anyone, this deep into this gong show, could still retain 10% belief, is insane to me. But we all fan in our own way, so fair play to you.

It's going to be like that series against Columbus. Remember that one game we came back from being down to 3 goals?
Only to lose game 5. Very leafy

We win game 5 in Boston. Lay an egg in game 6 at home
I have tickets to a possible game 6.

I don't want a game 6. Just rip off the bandad and let's be done with this "Shanaplan" nonsense once and for all.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Mario Lemieux came back from cancer, he couldn't even tie up his own skates. He wasn't even the most passionate hockey fan but he showed up like a man to battle with his teammates night in and out.

Gary Roberts came back from what should have been career ending neck injury in Calgary to be a dominant, physical take-no-prisoners playoff beast and almost single handedly drove the Leafs when Sundin went down. He won a Cup in Calgary.

Theo Fleury was 5 foot nothing and never avoided a check, a corner or a drive to the net when it presented itself. Another Cup winner.

Hell, Peter Statsny escaped communism, risking his families life to pursue his dream and he was one of the most dominant players of his era (those Nordiques teams were my favourite outside of T.O).

Tell me this team has the tangibles to get it done like these guys did. It's been April Fools Day every playoff year for the last eight. This team needs to get rid of the driftwood and any executive who continued to support that driftwood.

You can't change a mans DNA or life experiences that makes him the man he is.

Go Leafs Go...
Perspective is always a good reminder, this team gas little to no heart full stop…….

Reactions: Leafsfan74

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
You all know the script, they win tomorrow night in Boston, giving some slight hope all to lay an absolute GUTLESS performance on home ice Thursday to be eliminated in front of their passionate fans who spent their hard earned money.

Reactions: egd27

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I agree with the effort - I'm never going to question their desire to want to win or the effort they put into this. I just don't think they are good enough, or mentally strong enough.

The idea that anyone, this deep into this gong show, could still retain 10% belief, is insane to me. But we all fan in our own way, so fair play to you.

I have tickets to a possible game 6.

I don't want a game 6. Just rip off the bandad and let's be done with this "Shanaplan" nonsense once and for all.
Their inability to execute is mind boggling. Maybe it does stem from being mentally weak. I certainly don't have the answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad