Time for team goal song- no more individual celebrations

Kevbeau

Sponsor
Jul 11, 2006
Time to right the terrible wrong that has cursed this franchise since it chose “Let Me Clear My Throat” over “Swords of a Thousand Men”

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
4a9af4d2-3e24-4e67-bfee-2648cb62f1e3_text.gif

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The arena experience gets pretty stale quickly with a lot of the same stuff repeated from game to game. Goal songs helps keep a little variety

And rivet can mock skinner all he wants, but the arena was actually fun to be in when whitney and miley cyrus were playing.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Whoever picks "Swords of a Thousand Men"as their individual goal song will become my favorite player.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I’ve found there’s a correlation between the quality of the goal song and the performance of the individual at scoring goals. Skinner had some ironic bangers with Miley and Whitney and crushed it but then he went too far with whatever that goal song was last year.

Cozens and Tuch’s got worse and so did their production.

Thompson and VO repeated theirs so they naturally dropped due to a lack of originality. I can’t blame them for keeping them.

Meanwhile Dahlin and Peterkas goal songs improved and they improved as well.

Obviously, a goal song can be too good. No way Lybushkin was going to score with Gummi Bear. That would’ve been to good.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
The arena experience gets pretty stale quickly with a lot of the same stuff repeated from game to game. Goal songs helps keep a little variety

And rivet can mock skinner all he wants, but the arena was actually fun to be in when whitney and miley cyrus were playing.
As long as the fans can sing/chant/bounce along and they play it only for meaningful goals in meaningful games. Like if they come back to tie the game after a long push, or when you put the dagger in and go up by 3. The arena DJ needs to know the difference -- you want to reward the team with a party when they do something great.

No better way to ruin a goal song than to anchor it to an accident or a disappointment.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I like the player picks actually.

Skinner, Olofsson, and Peterka have made strong picks previously.

Gotta get Tage to pick something with more energy.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
As long as the fans can sing/chant/bounce along and they play it only for meaningful goals in meaningful games. Like if they come back to tie the game after a long push, or when you put the dagger in and go up by 3. The arena DJ needs to know the difference -- you want to reward the team with a party when they do something great.

No better way to ruin a goal song than to anchor it to an accident or a disappointment.
I would be a fan of some situation specific songs

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'd like to request that Skinner, Peterka, and Joki (if Skinner and Joki are still here next year) get veto power over eminently bad goal song choices--looking at Tage, Cozens, and anyone else who uses generic country music. Players with the worst/least hype goal songs have to take their ideas under advisement or get their selections replaced with Rollin by Limp Bizkit, Song 2 by Blur, Beautiful by Flickerstick, or Hell Yeah by Rev Theory in homage to the Sabres' 90s/2000s goal songs.

Other songs I'd like to see players choose:
-Party Hard by Andrew WK (self explanatory)
-Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani/Akon (specifically the "woo hoo...yee hoo" part at the start for the crowd chant)
-Misery Business by Paramore (specifically the chorus since the lyrics would more or less mock the opponent/goalie)

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Better idea: goal songs for the number of goals in the game and they get stupider as the number gets higher. Goal 1 can be a traditional arena anthem. Goal 7 has to be barbie girl or something super annoying. Goal 10 is safety dance, goal 11 is "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that', just more silly the higher the number so the teams goal is to find out whats higher on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad