Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Kid has personality? Trade him!!!
Not yet, Laval first and, if he doesn't tone down his passion and competitive nature, then we trade him. Because you know, going to Laval fixed Xhekaj so maybe it can fix Slaf. How dare he be so passionate and competitive :sarcasm:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Or gay boys (I'm not gay, but I understand gay boys have a big crush on him) because he is way more sexy than my girlfriend.

8q7n32.jpg

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Very critical of refs with speech laced with profanities at least twice so far at the tourney (shown on TV). A bit arrogant/cocky in comments.

Funny thing, totally unknown to me when I gave my thoughts, I found this link this morning:

Might be unreliable clickbait, though, so again I stress that I made my comments independently.

What a terrible day to be literate in French.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The summer of 2013 was… pretty funny. We had bridged Subban to a ridiculous low bridge deal and folks defended it. Then Subban wins the Norris and we wind up giving 9 mil later on. So incredibly dumb.

And then in the cheesiest move ever, MB trades the guy before the new deal kicked in. It was such a Bergevin way of doing things and encapsulates everything that’s wrong with him. What a stupid dumbass he was.
I defended the bridge, IIRC. Boy was I wrong.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I defended the bridge, IIRC. Boy was I wrong.
It’s okay for us to be wrong. We’re a bunch of schmoes on a message board. But MB is a GM and should know better. That’s not how you treat a player.

As for bridging Slaf, I’m not in favour of it. But if we do, I can assure you we won’t try to screw him.

Personally I’m in favour of a CC/Suzuki type deal.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It’s okay for us to be wrong. We’re a bunch of schmoes on a message board. But MB is a GM and should know better. That’s not how you treat a player.

As for bridging Slaf, I’m not in favour of it. But if we do, I can assure you we won’t try to screw him.

Personally I’m in favour of a CC/Suzuki type deal.
Yes, there is a world of difference bridging someone at $2.875M versus say $6M

Reactions: BLONG7

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
"I still believe I can be much better than I was, so I'll work on that," Slafkovsky said. "Be even better than I was. Everywhere. Everywhere. There's not one single part (that can't improve). I would say I can shoot better. I can make better plays. I can be better in the defensive zone. Everywhere"

This is why he's a gamer. That's a winning attitude.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Slaf...is simply going to be a beast guys.............he just is.
The kid really wants to get better every time out.

Some in the Montreal media ( Norman Flynn ) wanted him traded in January for PLD???? LOL.

This is why some members of the montreal media can never be taken seriously.
We all know why they wanted PLD lol.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It’s so funny going back and reading the Slaf hot takes from all the armchair experts in the 2022 draft threads and old Slaf threads. Holy shit were the Wright proponents ever loud, incessant, belligerent, and condescending to anyone who didn’t agree with them. The one guy is the funniest of all though. He’s right there on literally every page lmao. Jesus Christ did he ever die on that hill 🤣

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
It’s so funny going back and reading the Slaf hot takes from all the armchair experts in the 2022 draft threads and old Slaf threads. Holy shit were the Wright proponents ever loud, incessant, belligerent, and condescending to anyone who didn’t agree with them. The one guy is the funniest of all though. He’s right there on literally every page lmao. Jesus Christ did he ever die on that hill 🤣
Just like the Michkov proponents right now. At least wait and see how Michkov and Reinbacher play in the bigs before yapping like a chihuahua.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just like the Michkov proponents right now. At least wait and see how Michkov and Reinbacher play in the bigs before yapping like a chihuahua.

Or see how things go, we could get Demidov at 5 and have Demidov plus Reinbacher which would be a favorable scenario to Michkov plus the right shot d after Levshunov this year.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yep! a lot of odd premature takes. If you want a real hardy laugh,go check out the archives of what some experts were saying about KK,talk about downright ineptness.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad