OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Probably not an unreasonable projection. That said, is there history that shows how accurate Clay's projections have been?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Everyone forgets that they wanted Pickett to compete with/backup Russ and Pickett asked for a trade man lmao.

Probably smart from KP to go get a fresh start as they likely jump off him at the first chance in 1-2 years if he stays… but I don’t understand why we are discussing him like the team didn’t plan to have him around.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Everyone forgets that they wanted Pickett to compete with/backup Russ and Pickett asked for a trade man lmao.

Probably smart from KP to go get a fresh start as they likely jump off him at the first chance in 1-2 years if he stays… but I don’t understand why we are discussing him like the team didn’t plan to have him around.
Eh, it would have been way better to be the guy behind someone like Wilson than Jalen Hurts.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Eh, it would have been way better to be the guy behind someone like Wilson than Jalen Hurts.
Absolutely. He'd rather be a certain back up in Philly than a probable back up here, what a coward. Bad for him, very likely good for us. Colbert really soiled the bed in his last couple of drafts.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Steelers get the Christmas Day Netflix game against the Chiefs

At Philly
At Bal
KC

Brutal 10 day, 3 game stretch right before the holidays.
If you're in the local market is the game gonna be on TV, I don't have netflix anymore.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

At Philly
At Bal
KC

That is some really ugly scheduling. edit: Visiting the Bengals week 13 too.

You know, a bunch of what's helped this team pull of its record the last couple of seasons is that it's received most of its soft games late on when the team's finally gelled a bit. They've had really strong season finishes.

Somehow, I don't think that's happening this year.

Apparently Denver is week 2.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

At Philly
At Bal
KC

Is the KC game on the local network CBS STATIONS or at least on free tv somewhere? Also, at least those road trips are short.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Is the KC game on the local network CBS STATIONS or at least on free tv somewhere? Also, at least those road trips are short.
Should play locally yeah.

That is some really ugly scheduling. edit: Visiting the Bengals week 13 too.

You know, a bunch of what's helped this team pull of its record the last couple of seasons is that it's received most of its soft games late on when the team's finally gelled a bit. They've had really strong season finishes.

Somehow, I don't think that's happening this year.

Apparently Denver is week 2.

Yeah playing KC on 3 days rest is just objectively unfair lol. Not sure how many days rest KC will be on but we have to play on the 21st.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Should play locally yeah.

Yeah playing KC on 3 days rest is just objectively unfair lol. Not sure how many days rest KC will be on but we have to play on the 21st.
It would be four days rest, apparently we'd play Baltimore that SAT.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Not related to the Steelers to say but it’s so god damn dumb that these NFL games keep jumping to different sources. Games are on Netflix now? Seriously?

The absolute oversaturation of streaming services makes me almost miss cable from 10-15 years ago.

The cap inflation is like 90% attributable to the streaming arms race. The hated Peacock game actually had good user retention stats IIRC.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Not related to the Steelers to say but it’s so god damn dumb that these NFL games keep jumping to different sources. Games are on Netflix now? Seriously?

The absolute oversaturation of streaming services makes me almost miss cable from 10-15 years ago.
I seriously struggle to see how much further streaming companies can push the average American. At some point I feel like people are going to stop watching TV and cut back over signing up for more bundles and services.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I seriously struggle to see how much further streaming companies can push the average American. At some point I feel like people are going to stop watching TV and cut back over signing up for more bundles and services.

I don't even pay for either of my streaming services (both Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ and Netflix are free from Verizon) but I'm even getting annoyed with it at this point. It's just annoying to keep seeing these "you need to get a new subscription to watch this" games popping up in the NFL. Games on Netflix is ridiculous at this point.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's funny because in my entire adult life - I'm 57 - I've never had cable. So as more and more things got moved off broadcast and onto pay TV, I just missed them (or went to a friend's, or a sports bar, remember those?)

We got a Firestick however-many years ago and we do a bunch of subscriptions, so as sports have moved onto those platforms I haven't really blinked (save for things that I needed a TV provider for, of course).

So I guess I'm getting back at the world for every time I groused about a the NHL playoffs of college football or whatever on ESPN or TNT or USA or whatever. I always said if cable had an alacarte option, I'd be all about it. So I guess that's kinda what we have with streaming.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have cable I'm happy with that and I'm sticking to it. Can go on youtube as well, that's good enough. And I'm sure as hell not gonna pay for something WITH commercials, that's ridiculous! I DVR anyway and start watching a game an hour after it starts so I don't have to sit through hours of advertising. Do that with the Pens now. Rifle through intermissions, half times and commercials. Sure as helll not gonna pay netflix and sit through commercials.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That schedule just makes being able to run the ball that much more important. Keeps everyone fresh, and we have the horses to run.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That schedule just makes being able to run the ball that much more important. Keeps everyone fresh, and we have the horses to run.
Speaking of horses running, Muth is out of the Preakness with a fever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad