Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
That’s just not true unless you obsess over a few moves and ignore bigger picture stuff. And the mark of a good GM is also fixing problems you create, let alone others. I’m far from a cheerleader, but it’s pretty easy to bin Morey in the “Good GM” group. I’ll quote myself:

If your argument is Maxey, Harden, Reed, Melton, RCIV, Oubre, Batum, Lowry, KJ, Curry, Green, etc. are “garbage transactions” — not to mention Nick Nurse, while clearing the cap and collecting assets for a final window reset — I simply won’t agree.
My thing is he has shown me nothing. All talk.

I'm certainly open to changing my opinion. I want so badly for this guy to crush it this offseason.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’ve had a wonderful time watching Leverkusen this season. Wonderful!
great

1714352159410.png

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Watching this game and the Knicks fans take over makes me feel a bit better about the Flyers missing.

Would have been the same with the Rangers.

Just an awful look.
I was going to ask, not a Knick fan but Rangers and Giants, why does it seem that the smallest Philly fanbase with the weakest support is the 76ers? For a playoff game, have the Rangers every done this?
I am wondering why it seems the Knicks get the easy version of Philly fans.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was going to ask, not a Knick fan but Rangers and Giants, why does it seem that the smallest Philly fanbase with the weakest support is the 76ers? For a playoff game, have the Rangers every done this?
I am wondering why it seems the Knicks get the easy version of Philly fans.
I think the fatigue of their failures has a lot to do with it, and there was never great promise for this season to begin with.

Also there's more Knicks fans than Rangers fans, and I would bet the prices are way more for the Knicks, and this is their chance to see them.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think the fatigue of their failures has a lot to do with it, and there was never great promise for this season to begin with.

Also there's more Knicks fans than Rangers fans, and I would bet the prices are way more for the Knicks, and this is their chance to see them.
Yeah, and this is probably the first Knicks team in I don't how long that the fans have been really excited about. Thanks in large part to Villanova. :(

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Tonight is going to be a comical blowout in favor of the Knicks.

Morey will leak a bunch of rumors and pretend like he has a shot at LeBron to keep the authentic on his leash.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Tonight is going to be a comical blowout in favor of the Knicks.

Morey will leak a bunch of rumors and pretend like he has a shot at LeBron to keep the authentic on his leash.
Actually, he probably really does have a shot at LeBron if he's willing to draft Bronny.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
8ok94q.jpg

Actually, he probably really does have a shot at LeBron if he's willing to draft Bronny.
If (and he probably should) Bronny goes into the second round a team should draft him early and then trade him to the Lakers for a future unprotected 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad