OT: THE OT Thread: Grass mowing szn is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hey gang. Could use some good thoughts my way.

My father passed away a couple of hours ago and I'm struggling a bit.

Damn. I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom isn't doing well right now, and I'm very scared for when the day inevitably comes that I'm in your shoes. I hope you're able to find some peace as you work through your grief.

Reactions: oldgoalie

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

So sorry for your loss Zman. Sending some prayers your way tonight. Stay strong my friend.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Fw1KJLxWAAA4Ok8.png

One of the craziest things I saw all weekend was these two guys standing next to each other during a timeout of the RIT-Tufts national semifinal game.

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It is going to be interesting to see what the new turf looks like.

Nate has heard that it will be black and not green as Morrisville is changing the school's color scheme from green/black/white to black/white.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
A coworker will be in Buffalo this weekend looking to get wings….with a party of 15. All I could come up with is Pearl Street but their wings are just ok. Any ideas?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

The one time national team switch stuff is always entertaining.
The USMNT does not have a great history of these dual national switches although Dest and Musah have been very good recently for ie. Seeing this is a position (F) of need I'm hoping Balogun is the real deal. There are rumors he could be headed to AC Milan this summer. It would really be great if England blew this one! :D

Is it mind boggling the USMNT still does not have a manager ?

A coworker will be in Buffalo this weekend looking to get wings….with a party of 15. All I could come up with is Pearl Street but their wings are just ok. Any ideas?

Wingnutz @ Froth Brewery N. Buffalo on Military Rd is getting a lot of hype recently.
We been there a few times and they were very good. I still find today's prices for Wings halarious when I think about five and ten cent wing nights around town in the old days ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ehran

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Hang in there brother. It's not easy, and will take a bit to get over. Think about the good times, that helps a little, breath, go for a walk, get fresh air. If you need some more help your physican can help you out or get you a referral so do not be afraid to ask.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Had my second favorite pair of chicken wings carried away by a fox this afternoon. The jerk didn't even ask.

• Wow
Reactions: Ehran

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The USMNT does not have a great history of these dual history switches although Dest and Musah have been very good recently for ie. Seeing this is a position (F) of need I'm hoping Balogun is the real deal. There are rumors he could be headed to AC Milan this summer. I would really be great if England blew this one! :D

Is it mind boggling the USMNT still does not have a manager ?
With the changes that happened above the USMNT coach and the drama around the Reynas vs the Berhalters, it should not be surprising that they are taking their time.

It will be interesting to see if Jesse Marsch is indeed the guy that gets the job.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
How long have you been keeping hens?
Every summer as a kid, but not since. We got this friendly gal as a day old chick in spring 2019. She was free ranging with her group and we had a rooster who didn't do his job.

bleu cheese or ranch fox?
Neither! Better a fox than a raccoon, at least. Maybe it's the Roald Dahl propaganda, but at least I know a family enjoyed that fat bird.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The old Monday night football 5 cents wings and $5 pitchers of Labatts specials were great. There was a wing place here that ran basically 40 cents Wednesday special but just jumped their price to 75 cents.

It's crazy when you can buy a kilo of wings for $3 and then you just need your favorite hot sauce
your going to pay about $10 on sale for a 3lb bag here now for DIY wings but they are usually not that big. We tried them in our air fryer and they were ok.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Wings are much more popular in the US than Thailand so the price reflects that. I understand you have the restaurant markup but that's close to 500% more, and wages are $10 a day for kitchen staff.

I cooked a whole chicken and a pound of potatoes today for under $4, now I did feel a bit peckish so got 2 18" slices of pepperoni pizza for $5 tonight

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Wings are much more popular in the US than Thailand so the price reflects that. I understand you have the restaurant markup but that's close to 500% more, and wages are $10 a day for kitchen staff.

I cooked a whole chicken and a pound of potatoes today for under $4, now I did feel a bit peckish so got 2 18" slices of pepperoni pizza for $5 tonight
Restaurants its over $1 wing nowadays.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad