OT: The Dungeons & Ducks Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Hey, I'm finally ready to get a name/number on my Ducks jersey after having it for 3 yrs. (decided to go with Getz). I'm not near a city/sports shop, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for companies that I can mail the jersey in to have them professionally do it for me (with correct lettering font, etc)

thanks!

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Just bought a new 55" TV. Upgrading from a 42". Now I have to put the stand together and get the TV set up. The only thing worse than shopping for TVs and stands is having to assemble everything once it gets home. :Heavy Sigh: Wonder if I'll get it together before Boll wins a fight this year.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Just bought a new 55" TV. Upgrading from a 42". Now I have to put the stand together and get the TV set up. The only thing worse than shopping for TVs and stands is having to assemble everything once it gets home. :Heavy Sigh: Wonder if I'll get it together before Boll wins a fight this year.

THAT'S THE BEST PART.

And you've got until June.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Spicy Duke or whatever your name is, when will you see a cool case like this?

zKYqZdU.jpg
One of my cases in my clinical section in law school was a dog custody case. Former mother-in-law versus former son-in-law. Dude didn't give a **** about the dog, was just twisting the knife. Wouldn't let her visit it even, no one last look, nothing. She wept on the stand. Guy was an ass hole.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Can we call Lindholm, Chrampus for the holiday season? If he scores, we'll have "Marry Chrampus" signs from the lovely, single, young ladies at the arena.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I dunno, TVs are getting bigger and bigger, and lighter too that it feels like bolting them is a good idea.

Old tube TVs were compact and heavy, they wouldn't move around much. Now it feels much more likely to topple over.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I dunno, TVs are getting bigger and bigger, and lighter too that it feels like bolting them is a good idea.

Old tube TVs were compact and heavy, they wouldn't move around much. Now it feels much more likely to topple over.

Well, my old 40" has been sitting on a similar albeit smaller stand without being bolted to the wall. It hasn't had any issues in about 7 years. And FWIW, this new stand weighs about 800 pounds. I had to unload it in the driveway and then open the box and take the parts in the house one at a time because of the weight.

As an aside, part way thru assembly, I ran into a twisted weld where a screw attaches. Now I gotta go back to Costco and hope they just trade out the base of the unit for me from another box, rather than make me return the whole thing. It ain't going back into it's original box. That ship has sailed. :laugh:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
One of my cases in my clinical section in law school was a dog custody case. Former mother-in-law versus former son-in-law. Dude didn't give a **** about the dog, was just twisting the knife. Wouldn't let her visit it even, no one last look, nothing. She wept on the stand. Guy was an ass hole.

I said COOL case not CRUEL case!

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Nice! We had a light dusting of snow last night. First of the season.

Now I'm drinking a Peppermint-mocha coffee. Love Fall (and some of winter).

It was a nice storm out here yesterday. Actually got some measurable rainfall. It was nice to listen to the rain again.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
It was a nice storm out here yesterday. Actually got some measurable rainfall. It was nice to listen to the rain again.

One of my favorite sounds. I'm on the top floor so rain hitting the roof at night is always the quickest way for me to fall asleep.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
That's clearly food color and not real chemical dyes. Too safe.

i will be having kids over

also i own several cats

can't be throwing about chlorine trifluoride, dimethyl cadmium, azidoazide azide, thioacetone or fluoroantimonic acid now can i?

although i will admit that that would make for the most gangster//hardcore af xmas tree ever :laugh:

that tree would be even too metal for Tessy :D

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
i will be having kids over

also i own several cats

can't be throwing about chlorine trifluoride, dimethyl cadmium, azidoazide azide, thioacetone or fluoroantimonic acid now can i?

although i will admit that that would make for the most gangster//hardcore af xmas tree ever :laugh:

that tree would be even too metal for Tessy :D

Some absinth shots would make up a great green christmass tree :yo:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Those dyes sound so simple.

I'm more used to organic stuff like anilinonapthalene sulfonic acid or bromophenol blue. Fluoroscein.

I bet the simple ones are more permanent.

edit: I do dig the tree though. Just messing with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad