Ten years ago yesterday

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Canadiens beat Bruins in game 7 and advance to the Conference Finals.

A shame Price got hurt in the next round. I truly believed he was going to get us a cup that year but it wasn’t meant to be. But beating the Bruins was so, so sweet. They were cup favourites that year and we kicked their ass. The best was Don Cherry screaming about ‘poking the bear.’ Lucic throwing a tantrum in the handshake line was another highlight. What a series.

Here’s a look back down memory lane for those who want a good laugh.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Saw game 7 on the jumbotron at the Bell Center, then went to buy something at the Dix30 Sail the next day and actually saw Carey and chatted with him for a few minutes. My friends are convinced I jinxed him and cost us a cup that day, can’t help but feel the guilt even 10 years later 😭

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Geez folks, it’s supposed to be a happy thread. You guys are bringing me down. :laugh:

I was so happy when we won this. Just awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedyPotato

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Geez folks, it’s supposed to be a happy thread. You guys are bringing me down. :laugh:

I was so happy when we won this. Just awesome.
😂 it was one of the best hockey moment I had a as fan honestly, I remember the 3 goals (Weise, Pacioretty and Briere) like it was yesterday. Just sucks it was kinda the last time Carey was fully healthy. Ok now back to the happy thoughts ☺️

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That was a wonderful series with all the trolling Dale Wiese did and Subban's beautiful quote before game 7:

"I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
This quote was amazing and almost ignored by the hockey world
Could never understand why

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000006164.jpg

Interesting.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Saw game 7 on the jumbotron at the Bell Center, then went to buy something at the Dix30 Sail the next day and actually saw Carey and chatted with him for a few minutes. My friends are convinced I jinxed him and cost us a cup that day, can’t help but feel the guilt even 10 years later 😭
Why, did you say something to him like, "hope no one skates into your knee next round!"?

• Haha

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It’s not a popular opinion (I still don’t get it tbh) but getting Thomas Vanek really solidified our offense and he was a big reason for our success during his brief stint with us.

Michou did him dirty by reducing his usage against the Rangers in the ECF. He should have been working with him instead of punishing him.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

A shame Price got hurt in the next round. I truly believed he was going to get us a cup that year but it wasn’t meant to be. But beating the Bruins was so, so sweet. They were cup favourites that year and we kicked their ass. The best was Don Cherry screaming about ‘poking the bear.’ Lucic throwing a tantrum in the handshake line was another highlight. What a series.

Great thread! Reading it brought me back to posting in it! We were so obsessed with this back then....or maybe it was just me!

ebe.gif

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

boo-outrage.gif

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

That 2014 team was alot of fun to watch in the playoffs. They played with alot guts and left it all on the line. You had your stars, but one of the first names I think of is Mike weaver, who just symbolized what that team was about.

The kings were too much that year, but they would have taken out the Rangers and advanced to the finals with price.... heck they went 6 with tokarski, who wasn't bad for the most part, but he really struggled transitioning pucks to dmen, and you just can't play the same way with the same confidence infront of him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I was the only poster calling out Bergevin for his ridiculous dance and the only poster admonishing the board and the City to relax because we hadn't won a thing yet. Everyone and Ginnette Reno rode into that afternoon game against the Rags on a high and totally unprepared. The results were bad enough we were getting smoked and then Kreider became our Kryptonite. It was all over in a flash.
We weren't beating LA that year anyways.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad