Proposal: Tavares and the Hawks make sense

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Murphy, Dickinson, TBL 2024 1st, TOR 2025 1st? I'm just spitballin' though.

I think Toronto's best case scenario is the Seth Jones trade minus sending the late first back to Chicago.

To Team X

Mitch Marner + Extension

To Toronto

- A Level Prospect
- First Round Pick in 2024
- First Round Pick in 2025

The problem is that Marner's playoff run was pretty short and he is fighting the the perception that he under performs in the postseason. I think most GM's will look at his entire body of work, but it's going to be hard to shake from the other 31 team's fanbases, hence the heated exchanges around here.

From Chicago's perspective, Mitch could very well help drag this team into a wildcard spot but it's just too soon for us to give up futures in exchange for a piece.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I think Toronto's best case scenario is the Seth Jones trade minus sending the late first back to Chicago.

To Team X

Mitch Marner + Extension

To Toronto

- A Level Prospect
- First Round Pick in 2024
- First Round Pick in 2025

The problem is that Marner's playoff run was pretty short and he is fighting the the perception that he under performs in the postseason. I think most GM's will look at his entire body of work, but it's going to be hard to shake from the other 31 team's fanbases, hence the heated exchanges around here.

From Chicago's perspective, Mitch could very well help drag this team into a wildcard spot but it's just too soon for us to give up futures in exchange for a piece.
Davidson would never be that dense. He wants to win many cups not have a pre season parade . Just toss in another regular season glamour boy (Mathews or Nylander) and we can become Nashville West .

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sure, but even in that situation he can pick his spot and I'm sure he'd want something much better than Chicago right now.

Do Leafs trade him if he says "Panthers or Bruins"
Panthers and Bruins would both say even with 50 % retention, and then Leafs say no to retaining that much dead cap to have him play for a rival. So it just wouldn't work.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why is Tavares waiving for Chicago? lol
He can give Seth Jones a call about nobody really cares if you make too much money and aren't good enough but are still pretty good playing in a major market where Hockey like a fourth option for local sport attention even with full attendances.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Davidson would never be that dense. He wants to win many cups not have a pre season parade . Just toss in another regular season glamour boy (Mathews or Nylander) and we can become Nashville West .
Why would they have a preseason parade?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why not? Chicago is a good city. It has its problems as do all cities.
Tavares is looking to win a cup. Chicago is rebuilding. He would not waive!

Hes probably staying because thats where he decided to go in the first place but lets not pretend like he cant go to Chicago and pick where he goes at the deadline.

Its not like Toronto is close to winning the cup. They have won 1 round in like 20 years.

If he has a decent 50 games he can basically pick who he thinks will win the cup and go there. At 2.75 million.

He can get out a place where they dont want him. Play pressure free hockey for half the season. If he likes it can possibly sign an extension if he wants to take a run at a cup pick where he wants to go.
Your desperate. Thwre is zero chance he waives his nmc.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Read the end of my post, fam

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What are the leafs asking for? What is Marner asking for?
Leafs would be happy just clearing Marner’s contract. So as long as no salary is retained or contracts are coming back then it’s likely a mid round pick.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And the Leafs will go undefeated next year and win the cup!

And unicorns are real…
I don't share your belief about the the Leafs going undefeated next year, nor do I believe the Cup is predetermined. Also, while you may believe in unicorns, I don't. However, I do appreciate your optimism!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't share your belief about the the Leafs going undefeated next year, nor do I believe the Cup is predetermined. Also, while you may believe in unicorns, I don't. However, I do appreciate your optimism!
And u appreciate your fantasy! lol

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Panthers and Bruins would both say even with 50 % retention, and then Leafs say no to retaining that much dead cap to have him play for a rival. So it just wouldn't work.

Oh I'm not suggesting an actual trade, just a situation where Leafs demand a list from him and he gives them out of spite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad