Sweden U16 - 2021/22

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Team rosters for the "Regionscamper"
Gnesta: https://www.swehockey.se/globalasse...ioncamper/r16-gnesta-roster-november-2021.pdf

Härnösand: https://www.swehockey.se/globalasse...camper/r16-harnosand-roster-november-2021.pdf

Munkfors: https://www.swehockey.se/globalasse...ncamper/r16-munkfors-roster-november-2021.pdf

Ulricehamn: https://www.swehockey.se/globalasse...amper/r16-ulricehamn-roster-november-2021.pdf

Guessing the first U16 national team will be selected in early December. No underagers at these regional camps and from what I understand, that is a new policy, not to select underagers for Team 17 and Team 16.

Reactions: Bijelo

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
The policy is some years old by now, it's absolute trash, but that's SIF.

agreed. Wallstedt, Raymond and Holtz were the last ones it appears. I can somewhat understand not selecting underagers for TV-pucken (in the top districts), but national team should always be the best of the best imo

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Best possible team u16 sweden?

Herman Liv
Casper Ruud

Anton Olsson - Gustav Sjöqvist
Filip Lundgren - Nicolas Zabala
Isak Norlin - Lucas Pettersson

Victor Eklund - Linus Eriksson - Liam Danielsson
Edwin Modin - Alexander Zetterberg - Elliot Sigrell
Viktor Olofsson - Tobias Öhman - Hugo Zetterlund
Noel Öhgren - Emil Hedin - Joakim Engholm

• Haha
Reactions: Bijelo and player71

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Best possible team u16 sweden?

Herman Liv
Casper Ruud

Anton Olsson - Gustav Sjöqvist
Filip Lundgren - Nicolas Zabala
Isak Norlin - Lucas Pettersson

Victor Eklund - Linus Eriksson - Liam Danielsson
Edwin Modin - Alexander Zetterberg - Elliot Sigrell
Viktor Olofsson - Tobias Öhman - Hugo Zetterlund
Noel Öhgren - Emil Hedin - Joakim Engholm

Think there will be a few more "solid" players. Guys like Dante Josefsson-Westling. Zaki Crookes as well. Also no Frölunda kids on that roster and that would never happen. Hugo Laring, Max Grundström two good candidates. Karl Sterner as well. Ludvig Clang and Alfons Freij from Blekinge will be in the mix for D.

Also think Viggo Nordlund and Oscar Westman played themselves onto at least one of the rosters for U16 tournaments this year.

Feels a bit like the 2004 age group with lots of skilled forwards but no slam dunk top prospect.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ryder Ritchie is the son of Byron Ritche, the uncle is Andreas Johansson. I think he spend lots of time in Sweden and his mother is Swedish.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Anyone watch the camp?

Lots of small guys with good work ethic and "North American" style. They played well. Sigrell was good in TV-pucken also. Viggo Nordlund too. Leo Lundblad very good at the games. So will be lots small forwards.

Victor Eklund injured?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Very interesting roster. Especially with so many players that did not stand out or make the TV-Pucken playoffs.

Also, missing two of the very best forwards (Victor Eklund and Linus Eriksson). Both are ill.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Watched some of the hockey being played (3 losses, outscored 5-19) and few Swedes stood out. Liked the speed of smallish defenseman Felix Öhrqvist and the way Tobias Öhman was able to handle the puck in high speed and easily enter the offensive zone.

Finland appears to have a strong 06-group.

From what I hear, if it was allowed, this Swedish U16 team would consist of 5-6 2007-born players, if we were to pick the best team available. Guess that might be saying something about both age groups. 07 is described as quite spectacular, which I guess is a good thing because thus far there is no reason to get excited about the 06-group, lol.

Have in mind that this Finnish team have practised and played more games this fall. While it does not explain 3-8 and 0-7 losses, I guess it is still something that has an affect.

player71

Jan 6, 2022
What do you think the team 16 will be to Russian in feb?
Alot of new players I think.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Think there will be a few more "solid" players. Guys like Dante Josefsson-Westling. Zaki Crookes as well. Also no Frölunda kids on that roster and that would never happen. Hugo Laring, Max Grundström two good candidates. Karl Sterner as well. Ludvig Clang and Alfons Freij from Blekinge will be in the mix for D.

Also think Viggo Nordlund and Oscar Westman played themselves onto at least one of the rosters for U16 tournaments this year.

Feels a bit like the 2004 age group with lots of skilled forwards but no slam dunk top prospect.
How about the current u16 team?

I expect Love Härenstam, Filip Ekberg, Anton Frondell to be on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad