Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Games over just in time for me to watch North Bay lose to Kingston! No Romani, no Leblanc.. they still have the firepower to win with Wakely and Van Steensel but we'll see.. Also DD is a pretty good goalie.

Reactions: WolvesFan

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Although I loved our Captian dropping the kits and winning decisively, non of us would be happy if the league top scorer broke his hand. Can’t happen.
Also, Drake B better work on puck protection by our forwards in our own end. I’m really tired watch our high level guys turning pucks over at the half walls and assisting on goals against.
Message to bottom 6 forwards: wanna play more? Then show something!!
Lastly, great game Vondy! Held us in with some big timely saves….
Great character win.

Although I loved our Captian dropping the kits and winning decisively, non of us would be happy if the league top scorer broke his hand. Can’t happen.
Also, Drake B better work on puck protection by our forwards in our own end. I’m really tired watch our high level guys turning pucks over at the half walls and assisting on goals against.
Great character win.
Mits

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Great character win.

Mits
Speaking of dropping the mitts, if someone comes across a link to that fight please post it on here. I missed the first 5 minutes of the game :(

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Great character win.

Mits
Agreed bottom six need to be more present. Pharand and Walton need to bear down on the puck. Bobbling the puck between your feet leaving it behind you while moving up ice is so annoying. Yearwood need to show something. Forecheck, puck possession, back check. He has been non existent. Giroux just can't seem to get in any kind of groove. Lots of bad decisions made on the ice. Hope it changes soon. Defensively Van Vliet needs to be better.

WJ

Reactions: WolvesFanInNorthBay

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
McCoy is a beast. Someone please give him a NHL contract. We have a solid D core!! In order for our D to play Drake B’s D system there MUST be back pressure/support at ALL times. When our forwards come back hard up the middle of the ice you will see our D standing Missy forwards up at the Red and Blue line (very effective like in game #1, not so much in game #2). Not complex but forwards have to make the mental commitment. Create the turnovers and transition into our powerful offensive game. Simple.

Reactions: CTrain10

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Anyone hear anything on Leenders yet? All I’ve seen was a Mississauga reporter stating that there head coach said we deliberately took him out apparently.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
I think it's similar to the announcer saying Goyette lost his chiclets in fight.
At the end of the first a Steelhead poked Voundras after the horn. Im pretty sure I saw a Wolves player retaliate looked like a stick to the back of the leg to Leenders.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think it's similar to the announcer saying Goyette lost his chiclets in fight.
He caught a cold from the snow that was pushed his way on the play he left the game on.

Even GeneralsUpdates on twitter who lets the wolves live rent free in his head can't find the supposed "attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad