Streaming Service

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
I am looking to drop Spectrum, getting tired of them jacking the price... was curious what streaming service people recommend that will allow me to still see the Canes games.

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
I'm just looking in to it but seems Bally Sports in on Fubo TV. Just like to hear from people that have a service they like without any surprise extra fees.

I have it. I live in ATL so I have no issues with needing VPNs for home games.
So roughly $80 a month or is it extra fees for Canes games?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I am looking to drop Spectrum, getting tired of them jacking the price... was curious what streaming service people recommend that will allow me to still see the Canes games.
Have you called Spectrum and tell them you are dropping them unless they give you a competitive price. Just be ready to cut the cord if they don't drop it. I did this for years and they kept dropping the price for me.

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
Have you called Spectrum and tell them you are dropping them unless they give you a competitive price. Just be ready to cut the cord if they don't drop it. I did this for years and they kept dropping the price for me.
I did and it didnt go well. I told the lady I was dropping them as soon as I got Greenlight internet.. she said ok. I told her when I call back to cancel I dont want to hear about a lower price at that point because I will say F-you.. she didnt like that and after a few more exchanges she hung up on me.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I did and it didnt go well. I told the lady I was dropping them as soon as I got Greenlight internet.. she said ok. I told her when I call back to cancel I dont want to hear about a lower price at that point because I will say F-you.. she didnt like that and after a few more exchanges she hung up on me.
Yeah, I can see why they hung up on you if you said you will say F-you at a later point.

Reactions: toastmasterbone

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
We pay 10 bucks a month
Well I was referring to the whole package with channels like on cable.

Yeah, I can see why they hung up on you if you said you will say F-you at a later point.
Well the lady claimed I was saying it to her when I wasn't.. I said that is what I will tell them when I call back to cancel and then they try to bring up a better price. I was asking for the better price today.. not play games.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Well I was referring to the whole package with channels like on cable.

Well the lady claimed I was saying it to her when I wasn't.. I said that is what I will tell them when I call back to cancel and then they try to bring up a better price. I was asking for the better price today.. not play games.
the bundle with live tv is 76.99 a month or 89 if you don’t want ads during streaming movies or shows

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
Also I have been with them since they were Charter or Time Warner I think was the name.. guessing since 2011.

• Wow
Reactions: geehaad

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
We've been using Fubo primarily to watch games on Bally, but will now probably let it go. We only got Max long enough for the Playoffs & that will probably go away, too, after that.

Reactions: ElmCityGuy

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
If you’re interested in sailing the seven seas, PM me.
This i actually pay for the Disney bundle and have most of the games through that but have my ship ready to go for national games and the blackouts in my area (Caps games)

Can you imagine walking into McD's to get a Coke and they tell you they won't sell you just a Coke that you have to buy a Super sized Double quarter pounder meal to get a Coke.

Thats what they try to do with TV service and why I have zero issues finding alternatives

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

It doesn't matter who you were saying it to. You say "F-You" to a person on the phone, whether you are aiming it at them or the company as a whole, you are going to get hung up on. It's clearly your choice to interact with people on the phone as you see fit, but don't get upset if you get hung up on for acting that way.
This i actually pay for the Disney bundle and have most of the games through that but have my ship ready to go for national games and the blackouts in my area (Caps games)

Can you imagine walking into McD's to get a Coke and they tell you they won't sell you just a Coke that you have to buy a Super sized Double quarter pounder meal to get a Coke.

Thats what they try to do with TV service and why I have zero issues finding alternatives
While I have zero love for cable companies and agree with you that I also have zero issues finding alternatives (I spent 5 years with the cord cut before moving into a neighborhood where we have a bulk deal), A lot of that is now being driven by the providers these days.. A friend of mine worked in the industry and gave me a lot of insight into this (at the time it was when there was an impasse between Spectrum and Disney/ABC/ESPN last year).

He explained that as soon as a provider has a hit show, they immediately jack up the price to the cable companies and force them to take a full package of channels, thus increasing their revenue and the cable companies cost. He said the classic example was the Walking Dead. Became insanely popular and suddenly AMC was jacking up the price considerably and forcing cable companies to take on some of their lesser known/less popular stations.

And once a show is no longer popular, they don't ever lower prices, at least not back to what they once were. With all the streaming options, they have the cable companies over a barrel and they know it.

Which is why cable TV is going to eventually be extinct. It's not a sustainable business model.

Dec 30, 2013
I subscribe directly to Bally Sports +, $20/mo there was a 2-3 month promo at the start of the season for practically nothing if I recall correctly.

Unfortunately, no games after the first round though.

We really need a SURGE of SPORTS streaming services. Eventually the NHL will figure it out. (I hope.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad