Star players that are bad playoff performers

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not trying to be rude, but it feels like new threads are made for this topic repeatedly. I'm pretty sure we already have one on the playoff board (maybe page two).

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Marner.

Now that's out of the way, who else?

I am genuinely curious about this one thing:

Does any star or noteworthy player in NHL history have a Game Seven track record worse than his or as bad?

Five games played: zero goals, two assists, minus five rating. All losses for his team.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
This RNH is disappointing you these playoffs?

This versatile forward who's been all over the lineup doing everything from PK to PP to centering his own line to 1LW and is currently 14th in scoring?

Are you a Korean parent?

1715868927697.png

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You’re satisfied with Matthews playoff performances year over year ? Yikes

He's been great for years. I am not putting stock into his stats when he was on his ELC. Leafs best player when he was healthy this year, best player last year with some massive goals to win against Tampa, solid.

But production aside, claiming he is not built for the playoffs is my main issue. Mostly because people don't watch him. After the first few games before he got concussed everyone was praising how gritty he was playing including the Bruins coach who said

“I’ve been impressed by how tenacious he’s been on pucks and how relentless he’s been on the forecheck… He’s the most dangerous man on the ice because he’s earned it”​

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's been great for years. I am not putting stock into his stats when he was on his ELC. Leafs best player when he was healthy this year, best player last year with some massive goals to win against Tampa, solid.

But production aside, claiming he is not built for the playoffs is my main issue. Mostly because people don't watch him. After the first few games before he got concussed everyone was praising how gritty he was playing including the Bruins coach who said

“I’ve been impressed by how tenacious he’s been on pucks and how relentless he’s been on the forecheck… He’s the most dangerous man on the ice because he’s earned it”​

Any comment on Draisaitl? We could all use a laugh.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What about him? His playoff production speaks for itself, hard to call him a non playoff performer. Doesn't mean I respect how he plays the game though.
We're you not complaining just earlier today about how he is a negative in the playoffs despite the production?

Reactions: Kerberos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad