Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Good:

- Bouchard played fantastic. What a solid game.
- Skinner won us the game and stayed focused for a full 60.
- Team defensive play was on point. Great way to win
-VD !!!!!

Bad:

- Nuge was awful. Panicked with the puck all night. Got bullied
- Perry is struggling. The game was too fast for Perry.
- Mcdavid neutralized

Random:

- Did the officials even show up today?
- Did the Oilers get too much sunshine? Did the Kings do a bunch of blow before the game?

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Team looked very far from great but playoff victories aren't always picassos so you take it and run. They outplayed L.A. pretty badly in the first 3 so they were due for a real grinder.

In a way though, they needed a game like this with Skinner stealing it. Could be a huge confidence boost for him as he was a little wobbly in the games at Rogers.
I think the Kings had one SOG during the last seven minutes of the game. Wasn’t perfect but it was a defensive clinic with Skinner blocking anything that got through.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Good:

-VD !!!!!

Bad:

- Mcdavid neutralized

Random:

- Did the Oilers get too much sunshine? Did the Kings do a bunch of blow before the game?
Biz tried to run with this narrative during the TNT post-game and Colby Armstrong smacked him down quickly. Army was like, "Do you think he's sad right now? He just won a big playoff game by playing 200ft hockey."

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Biz tried to run with this narrative during the TNT post-game and Colby Armstrong smacked him down quickly. Army was like, "Do you think he's sad right now? He just won a big playoff game by playing 200ft hockey."
Were not talking about if he's sad, he was neutralized. The kings did a great job on Mcdavid.

If you don't agree with that then you are the biggest homer i've ever seen.

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's what I've been looking for from Skinner for a long long time.

Just tracking pucks and dialed in with a calm economy of movement.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't think he had it in him, but I'm very happy to be wrong.
He's done this plenty of times this season but, with all due respect, some of you guys refused to see it and focused way too much on the few bad games he had.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Great game by Skinner.
Defense was very good in zone. Rest of the game mostly sucked. 13 shots is not okay.
Saw lots I liked defensively but it felt like the moment we past the center line we were the San Jose Sharks lol.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He's done this plenty of times this season but, with all due respect, some of you guys refused to see it and focused way too much on the few bad games he had.
He's never stolen a game in the playoffs which is what the "haters" were getting at. Be average, or above average or steal a game in the playoffs. Now he's done it today.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the oilers beat the kings with their own hybrid 1-3-1, the way they locked down the 3rd period was the stuff championship teams are made of. lets get rid of these bums wednesday and get some rest before pummeling vancouver

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Were not talking about if he's sad, he was neutralized. The kings did a great job on Mcdavid.

If you don't agree with that then you are the biggest homer i've ever seen.
My statement didn't contradict your bullet point. It simply provided context of how one can view differently a point you highlighted as "Bad" - McDavid created the only goal in a 1-0 win and played solid defense. There's no need to go on a hyperbolic rant because another fan does not view McDavid being limited to 1 assist as a bad thing.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Actually outplayed them

This matches what I witnessed in Game 4 and have been posting about in this thread. I really did not see LA having a more high danger scoring chances than the Oilers despite having a significant possession advantage. This is what us fans wished the Oilers could do after the Vegas series, and they did it last night!

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If ya can’t get behind Skinner after that game. I am going to have to respectfully ask that you turn in your fan card.
Yep when the team plays defense in front of him he gets the job done. But instead they compare every one of his games to the absolute outlier game another goalie has where they stand on their heads once every 20 games and say “skinner wouldn’t have done that”. While ignoring the bunch of awful games that same goalie had in that 20 game stretch.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
This matches what I witnessed in Game 4 and have been posting about in this thread. I really did not see LA having a more high danger scoring chances than the Oilers despite having a significant possession advantage. This is what us fans wished the Oilers could do after the Vegas series, and they did it last night!
Typically games such as this where the offense can't get anything going have ended up as frustrating blowout losses. The maturity to commit to elite defense and not cheat for offense when the offense isn't there could elevate this team to championship level.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Good:

-VD !!!!!

Bad:

- Mcdavid neutralized

Random:

For the officials. I think they did insert themselves into the game with 2 super weak calls. Kulak's high stick was a total phantom call to make up for the weak holding call.

That was the extent of their efforts to be noticed last night.

lol at the last point. Maybe Kings pulled out the sudafed that Darryl Sutter had stashed away.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
A big part of the Kings' offensive strategy has been lobbing shit on net and hoping for a bounce or a screen. It was working in the first 2 games so the last 2 must have been very confusing for them.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Actually outplayed them

If the kings looked at that, has to be demoralizing. They completely emptied the tank in that game. Oilers clearly were off all night offensively, but the kings still managed to lose the shot quality battle?

Embrace your no-goodness Kings.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
i will say this about the kings, doughty is balling out and showing why he has been one of the best dmen in the league for a long time. he picked that team on his back in game 4. too bad the rest of them are gutless cowards

For sure. Kopitar and Doughty are out there driving almost everything. Both still have lots of game left, even 10 years removed from their last cup. Will be very very hard for the Kings to replace them.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad