• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
He's taking time to convert into nhl numbers. He just started to get pts when the season wasn't meaning anything. Beginning next season he have a lot to confirm, or to prove. Yes he's a speed demon but is it enough?

tbh,

I'm not sure.

I would not have made this trade when it was made.

But there is something to be hopeful for....

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
tbh,

I'm not sure.

I would not have made this trade when it was made.

But there is something to be hopeful for....
There is something interresting about him. Speed is a good thing. Being that said, I'm not sold on him, still want more from him. Like you I wasn't sure when the trade was made, it seemed they wanted to speed up the rebuilt a little bit.

Outstanding reading comprehension, public school did you justice.
I did private school too, with priest who liked kids, maybe a little too much, lol.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How is Demidov undersized? Metrics please

Probably maxes out at 180-190. Elite Prospects has him 168 lbs right now and other websites has him slightly more than that. Not extremely undersized I guess... if he gets to 180-190 range. I understand his potential but I just don't think he is a star. I think he's a point producer yes but I question the gritty and defensive part of his game.

What we have to evaluate is MHL only. Played one U18 game in 22/23 and 9 U18's games in 21/22. U18 numbers are solid in that 21/22 season. Anybody remember watching that tournament? How did he do in the eye test? I think he was age 16/17 that season.

If I felt he was a star, I'd take him over Iggy. However, I don't think he is a star (very good offensive talent yes). Because of this, I'm taking the more complete game with Iggy.

It's close though. Leaning towards Iggy but not at 100%

Reactions: themilosh

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm not sure are going to be offensive 'stars' hopefully just good players wherever they go. However , knowing how bad Calgary wants Iginla, I keep telling everyone we are taking him to see how much Calgary is willing to give up and have some fun with it. If Lindstrom is there, that's our guy.
We can probably snatch Sennecke at 9OA. What would we want from Calgary that they might be willing to pay to flip 5th and 9th?

Reactions: Habs

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
We can probably snatch Sennecke at 9OA. What would we want from Calgary that they might be willing to pay to flip 5th and 9th?
I would try to get their second first pick. And you package 2 late first rounds pick and + ? For Trevor Zegras. Or something valuable

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
There is something interresting about him. Speed is a good thing. Being that said, I'm not sold on him, still want more from him. Like you I wasn't sure when the trade was made, it seemed they wanted to speed up the rebuilt a little bit.
Nothing to do with speeding up a rebuild, but Newhook provides far more value than what those draft picks might have been.
The gamble was seeing if he is a 2nd or 3rd liner.. next year his total value will be learned.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Unlike last year at 5 where we just missed out on some great centers. I have no concerns about being at 5 this year.

We're guaranteed one of..

Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Iginla

We're walking out of this draft with a great player who will also fill a need on this team. (Including Levshunov)

I ain't sweating this draft at all, just looking forward to see how it unfolds.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Unlike last year at 5 where we just missed out on some great centers. I have no concerns about being at 5 this year.

Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Iginla

We're walking out of this draft with a great player who will also fill a need on this team. (Including Levshunov)

Yep if they draft Levshunov I will be ok with it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Iginla

I was relaxed last year as I really thought Smith was going to fall to us and that would be our pick and didn't really want anyone other then him. So now I'm going into as thinking there's no chance in hell we are getting Demidov since outside of 1st OA he's the only player I really want to see us get (haven't seen any WHL though).

If it somehow happens then so be it, as it would be great to see a talent like him with Hutson as to me he's on the same level as Celebrini which if that's the case then no way can I see 3 teams opt to pass but I do think Levshunov will go really high and Silayev could jump in front of us.

I also have given up any hope that Luchanko would fall to the Jets pick. So not expecting to get any of my players but I don't watch that many non Hab prospect games so I don't get too worked up over who they pick at first. Though I do regret looking dumb for doubting them on the Xhekaj pick as I did laugh and think WTF but was clearly the wrong reaction.

Just hope they make the right picks and that they do an even better job with development. Really hope we don't have to wait 7+ years to be a legit contender.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We amateur scouts have all of the info needed 😅
Really comes down to the interview.. there is a certain personality Hugo clearly is targeting, and Iginla is hands down perfect. The kid is in the same mold as his Dad, and Jarome was one of the greatest leaders. Is Tij as good as his dad, probably not - but any scout will tell you he has all the intangibles to be.

Add in that he is 1 month away from being a '25 draftee and at #5 he's an easy pick (if Lindstrom is off the table) seeing as our desperate need is a C. Tij is a C/W and has a strong/heavy frame for a young 17yo.. it's possible (as well) he may grow another 1-2" and tack on 10-20lbs when he hits his peak.

With him and Suzuki in the top 6, that has us Playoff cup run in the near future.

Ask yourself before dismissing Iginla (over Demidov).. if we were going to make the playoffs next year, which kid has the ruggedness/drive to excel?

I'm a coach of youth sports --- when I have a kid who oozes personality and positivity my sessions go so well, games are fun, they mold a team personality and winning simply becomes a byproduct. Never underestimate how much value that brings to a room..

Maybe why Hugo have been targeting "Captain Americas"...

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Really comes down to the interview.. there is a certain personality Hugo clearly is targeting, and Iginla is hands down perfect. The kid is in the same mold as his Dad, and Jarome was one of the greatest leaders. Is Tij as good as his dad, probably not - but any scout will tell you he has all the intangibles to be.

Add in that he is 1 month away from being a '25 draftee and at #5 he's an easy pick (if Lindstrom is off the table) seeing as our desperate need is a C. Tij is a C/W and has a strong/heavy frame for a young 17yo.. it's possible (as well) he may grow another 1-2" and tack on 10-20lbs when he hits his peak.

With him and Suzuki in the top 6, that has us Playoff cup run in the near future.

Ask yourself before dismissing Iginla (over Demidov).. if we were going to make the playoffs next year, which kid has the ruggedness/drive to excel?
You could well be right, my point is that we all have limited info and who knows what the Habs brass are thinking.
I would have no issue with drafting Tij Iginla at #5

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I was relaxed last year as I really thought Smith was going to fall to us and that would be our pick and didn't really want anyone other then him. So now I'm going into as thinking there's no chance in hell we are getting Demidov since outside of 1st OA he's the only player I really want to see us get (haven't seen any WHL though).

If it somehow happens then so be it, as it would be great to see a talent like him with Hutson as to me he's on the same level as Celebrini which if that's the case then no way can I see 3 teams opt to pass but I do think Levshunov will go really high and Silayev could jump in front of us.

I also have given up any hope that Luchanko would fall to the Jets pick. So not expecting to get any of my players but I don't watch that many non Hab prospect games so I don't get too worked up over who they pick at first. Though I do regret looking dumb for doubting them on the Xhekaj pick as I did laugh and think WTF but was clearly the wrong reaction.

Just hope they make the right picks and that they do an even better job with development. Really hope we don't have to wait 7+ years to be a legit contender.
While Luchanko may not fall to, don’t despair there is an abundance of high quality of prospects that will be available at the bottom of the first round.

I can see us coming out of this draft with two core players. And wouldn’t that be just fine.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Iginla

i'm not sure I trust the team's ability to draft after last year's first round. They nailed the year before, but that was not the BPA , so I have PTSD
Watch them take Catton over Iggy or Lindstrom
I'll go full nuclear

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

In the case of Lindstrom and Demidov (if he shows up), the combine might have added weight since they were both injured.

And yes, their choice of spirit animal might be the ultimate decision maker.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
i'm not sure I trust the team's ability to draft after last year's first round. They nailed the year before, but that was not the BPA , so I have PTSD
Watch them take Catton over Iggy or Lindstrom
I'll go full nuclear
Catton won’t even go in the top 10.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If Habs can manage to get Demigod at 5OA and move up using Jets pick + assets to grab Eiserman if he falls to teens… team is set at F for next decade

Eiserman will be the value steal of the 1st round & potentially draft cuvée IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad