Should Sens get an alternate uniform?

JMACole

Jun 27, 2020
PEI
28B3FA1E-6D82-4465-AB29-2E1AAD95230A.jpeg
I love the team’s main uniforms, but if the Sen’s were to add an alternate, would you want them to bring back one of these or come up with something all new?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The biggest thing they could do marketing wise that would be a win would be to do a limited run of the Peace Tower jerseys as alternate jerseys.

The crappy mesh versions sell for 100+ on eBay. There is demand for them. The demand is partly predicated on them being limited. I don't think people like the jerseys as much as hardcore fans/collectors like the idea of having a status symbol. That is why I would do them as a limited thing. Quite frankly, I'm surprised they never did them for Reverse Retro.

If they want to do something really wacky and wild, they could do a Peace Tower green version of our home jersey. Or a gold version.

Reactions: Neil Patrick Harris

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Bring back the 3d logo and don't use the one that says "sens" or the striped O, each of those are hideous

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
copperafeel.jpg

Keep in mind, I don't know how to use Photoshop.

Could Adidas make a copper jersey that changes colour after getting wet? Or, a copper jersey where after every wash cycle the copper dye has a chemical reaction and it turns green? Something like that.

Colors and stuff are way off, I didn't intend to create the Boston Dallas Senators.

You can't have red in the logo or else it looks too Christmas themed with the green. The logo should be the two toned black/white version of our logo but I just made it hued copper because pasting the former is way above my pay-grade editing images.

Maybe it could use a Rangers style wordmark going down the jersey. Or, the O logo. I think using the Peace Tower logo is a bit much with a copper/green jersey.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
bradyred.jpg

Here is a red version.

While it doesn't seem like a big deal, I think the black forearms is something we need to bring back on our jerseys. As good as the home/away look, they could be about a dozen different teams once you take the crests off of them. Ottawa's original white home jersey was one where you knew it was a Sens jersey just based on the template of the black arms and two colored stripes.

I think we need a really cool alternate Lion logo though. Not like Spartacat flying through the air with a hockey stick and a cape, but a scary and majestic MGM style lion, possibly wearing a Spartan helmet.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Sens won’t have new Jerseys until at least 2026 as far as I am aware.

No new projects were on the go until Andlauer came on board, and they are still in the process of hiring their Managers/Directors of Creative Content and Marketting

It’s about 2 years between concept and roll out, minus exceptional circumstances.

That being said, internally they are wanting to do something related to the black/gold Senagoth template.

• Love
Reactions: StoicSensFan

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Sens won’t have new Jerseys until at least 2026 as far as I am aware.

No new projects were on the go until Andlauer came on board, and they are still in the process of hiring their Managers/Directors of Creative Content and Marketting

It’s about 2 years between concept and roll out, minus exceptional circumstances.

That being said, internally they are wanting to do something related to the black/gold Senagoth template.

I'm pretty sure that outside of special event jerseys, there aren't going to be any new jersey designs for any teams for a few years because Adidas is losing the license.

The black/gold template is what the team should have gone for years ago. Vegas jerseys are very close to it now, except they have grey instead of black.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
View attachment 862570

Keep in mind, I don't know how to use Photoshop.

Could Adidas make a copper jersey that changes colour after getting wet? Or, a copper jersey where after every wash cycle the copper dye has a chemical reaction and it turns green? Something like that.

Colors and stuff are way off, I didn't intend to create the Boston Dallas Senators.

You can't have red in the logo or else it looks too Christmas themed with the green. The logo should be the two toned black/white version of our logo but I just made it hued copper because pasting the former is way above my pay-grade editing images.

Maybe it could use a Rangers style wordmark going down the jersey. Or, the O logo. I think using the Peace Tower logo is a bit much with a copper/green jersey.
Hmm... maybe some sort of green shoulder element à la the Parliament roofs?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
y1k68mlpx1w91.jpg

This would be 10/10.

I like the current home jersey aesthetically, but I don't like it identity wise. You put it on a poster or a small print ad where the logo isn't completely visible, and you don't know it's the Senators. The home jersey could basically be any team, the design is not unique enough. Conversely, if you throw the above jersey in the same situation and it's either the Senators or Golden Knights (who ripped that jersey off, so it's a moot point)...

Faux-backs are also going out of style as well. The big trend last decade was to go back to the jerseys teams wore in the 60s, or have jerseys look simple with striping and drawstrings. Now this decade it's moving towards where people want more late 90s types of busier designs, but maybe with a bit more care and self-awareness. I understand the irony that our home jersey was created in the 90s.

They should figure out what kids think is cool because at the end of the day anybody who is in their 20s, 30s, or beyond and cheering for the Senators is stuck here forever. It's all about getting the next generation and having Etienne from Orleans cheer the Sens instead of the Canadians, or George in Arnprior tell his dad he wants a Brady Tkachuk jersey for Christmas, not his dads old Dave Keon jersey.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Definitely the gold trim/laurels jerseys should be brought back, and I'm glad to hear that is actually the plan down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad