Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
if you think that Leafs are going to win the cup with 4 forwards making 11AAV+ and no true #1D and #1G; especially after seeing 8 years worth of evidence then...

that welll.... what do I even call it... its not being optimistic IMO its just :dunno:

One part of his clause is that he MUST make marner make lists every day and post it on social media until he waives :laugh:
I have to ask out of curiosity (Babcock should not have been doing these things) but did Matthews and Nylander have to make lists? Why was Marner asked to list the hard working?

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Coach Q is the only right answer. Just ride him for 3 to 4 years. If Leafs can't win the cup then its time to blow it the F up then anyway

I have to ask out of curiosity (Babcock should not have been doing these things) but did Matthews and Nylander have to make lists? Why was Marner asked to list the hard working?

I've asked the same question but no answers....

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
For the love of god avoid both (McClellan and Woodcroft):

babs.jpg

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
You start to wonder if Q story has more to it then we know. Shocked he’s not eligible again yet.

Bertuzzi crippled a guy, missed 20 nhl games.

McSorley got a year and change for baseball batting brasher. Etc. etc.

He’s done his time by nhl standards no?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
You start to wonder if Q story has more to it then we know. Shocked he’s not eligible again yet.

The NHL cant get anything on him so they chose the cowards way out: limbo.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Apparently, a lot of teams have inquired about Q; not eligible yet to return to coach in NHL.

And... Leafs are not one of those teams :facepalm:

The Leafs should interview him, and if they want him they should tell Gerry to reinstate him. About damned time they flexed their muscles with the league.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
...Why was Marner asked to list the hard working?
Like many predators (wolves, lions, etc.), Babcock targeted what offered the easiest opportunity, such as vulnerable individuals, including weak, sick, old, or young animals. So choosing Marner tells you as much about the prey as the predator.

Reactions: HolyCrap

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Best scenario I can conjure:

John Cooper has one more year remaining on his contract.

Leafs "write off" the 2024/2025 season. Hire a temp coach. Simply endure Tavares' contract this coming year. Spend the entire season acquiring/disposing players to get best chemistry fits (including Marner). Make no acquisitions at deadline, focus on gelling and learn each other's style. Finish wherever in the standings (they'll make the playoffs anyway). No hysterical playoff manipulations, let chips fall where they may.

Immediately after 2024/2025 playoff run, open the vault to hire Cooper as head coach.

Then make balls-to-the-wall Stanley Cup push in 2025/2026 and 2026/2027 seasons.

BAM!

That plan is about as good as the music video in your avatar.

Reactions: theTTC

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Shanny and Keefe are abuse victims.

Some teams have indeed reached out, but also told his status is still the same. The Leafs, as of now, are not one of those teams.

Q aint coming

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

There's enough we do know that hes a no go for a lot of us.

And Bertuzzi and McSorley were under punished. Different era too.

Reactions: leafs in five

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad