Sean Averys take was surprisingly good 😊

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Not sure why, but if I saw that guy in the grocery store, I wouldn't have recognized that it's Sean Avery. Maybe I just haven't seen a picture of him in a long time.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
i haven't kept up with Avery since he played for the Rangers but I think his overall point is definitely fair. I think we got a bit spoiled, expecting that this was going to be a sweep or a 5 game series once we got out to a 3-0 start. Everyone that I've spoken to thought this was easily going 6 or 7, regardless of who would emerge as the victor. This is two of the best teams playing each other in playoff hockey, no doubt this was always going to be a series.

also, it's a bit funny when you think of how the original poster said - "with morale hitting its lowest in months..." - really how fortunate we've been to even say that. still up 3-2 against one of the favorites to win the cup and morale is the lowest it's been in months. honestly not too bad.

i think the Rangers suffered a lot from the bystander effect in games 4 and 5. if they're really serious, then it's time for them to buckle down again. big credit to Shesterkin, Lafreniere and (lol) Goodrow. I can easily say those 3 have literally been trying as hard as they can every game these playoffs. everyone else it's been a mixed bag. some nights yes, other nights not really. i wouldn't be surprised at all if this goes 7 but i tend to think they'd wake up for that and win it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Avery isn't wrong.

I don't care to see Rempe for the rest of this series though. As far as the actual hockey stuff goes he wasnt that bad last game but for what you're looking for him it was a completely toothless performance. If thats because he can't breathe on an opponent with out being whistled or not I don't know but if he's not going to smash heads then whats the point?

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Sean Avery is just another Rempe truther mouth breather except with added CTE
People underrate how good of an actual hockey player 16 was. He was a great skater, sneaky play maker, and had one heckuva snap shot. Of course he was also the greatest pest ever and a helluva forechecker. Throw 2006-2007 avery on this team over roslovic and this team is even more dangerous

Reactions: jacko23

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
People underrate how good of an actual hockey player 16 was. He was a great skater, sneaky play maker, and had one heckuva snap shot. Of course he was also the greatest pest ever and a helluva forechecker. Throw 2006-2007 avery on this team over roslovic and this team is even more dangerous

Sean Avery was the Great One.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yea…. Beyond his pest skills he was a pretty good hockey player.
Protected the puck well, can score, hit, fight, play D,etc

If he was in the “new” NHL era, he’d have even better stats.
He was on the tail end of the obstruction/clutch and grab style of play and still managed to produce.

I don’t want to see Rempe in unless he’s actually able to be a factor. Shortening the bench to 3 lines for half the game isn’t the way to go.
Once the canes tied it, or even went up 2-1 last game, I thought they would use Tempe to fight/hit etc. try something to fire up the team and the crowd.
For a guy like him, tip toeing around on the ice not looking to make a play or a hit for fear of a penalty makes him utterly useless and on top of that it messes with the teams endurance. If he can’t play his game for fear of calls, don’t dress him. Especially since the canes PP breaks their momentum more then it helps tbh.

As far as Ros goes I’m not a fan, and haven’t been since we got him. I’ve been pretty vocal about that. He’s a plug and he gets too many min because he’s tied to kreids/zibby. He’s played better in the playoffs than I expected, but his mistakes are glaring and they cause a lot of breakdowns. He stinks defensively.
His speed is his #1 asset but beyond that he doesn’t really have much in his arsenal. Def a guy I do not want to see back here.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I agree. Avery had legit skills but he also had some issues that detracted from them. I think his best was with Shanny in part because Shanny was a strong leader.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That is a fair assessment from Avery. There can be no passengers tonight and every single player needs to give 100% every damn shift. You know Carolina will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad