Confirmed with Link: Rittich signed to 1 year extension cord

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I am okay with this. I felt Rittich was better throughout the year than Talbot, is younger and seemingly more durable, and he did have the propensity to come up with a really big save now that then. Certainly not an answer by any means, but definitely a decent backup goaltender. Would be nice to run him and a youngster just to see what happens, but given Blakes recent remarks I'd expect they are looking for another 1a or 1b option. If they re-sign Talbot I'll be pissed.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
1 million

Said it in the main board thread, he seemed like the most solid out the three this year.
you are brave to venture there.

I pop in , say something Pejorative Slured and run.

lol Pejorative Slured is actually cooler than the original word I said.

1715811121330.png

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
BIG DICK RITTICH!

Bring up Portillo. If they still want to slow cook Portillo in the AHL, get Rittich a solid partner to rotate with without one of them burning out. Brossoit, Stolarz, Samsonov. Brossoit might be in the lead because he's got the French last name.
Rittich is only good as a backup. The less he plays, the better he is.
Portillo isn't ready for anything more than an injury call up. They are going to to slow cook him

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Stop talking about Brossoit like he is the answer. The guy plays 20 games a year in sheltered matchups. The one time he was ever asked to carry the load, in Vegas a couple years back, he totally cratered. Blake is stupid as shit and might actually sign the guy to a Petersen contract if he thinks that will score points with the fanbase that wants his head on a pike.

We still need a starting goalie. Talbot is not it. He is basically Brossoit at this point, maybe 25 games a year before the wheels fall off.

So we have a low-end but totally serviceable No.2 in Big Sieve Dave. We have a promising No. 3 in Portillo. You could always sign Copley to a league minimum.

But none of the above are going to move the needle at all from the bad spot we are currently stuck in.

I really just see them re-signing Talbot and calling it good in keeping with the "everything is fine, run it back" philosophy the French guys who are running the team into the ground seem to follow.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Stop talking about Brossoit like he is the answer. The guy plays 20 games a year in sheltered matchups. The one time he was ever asked to carry the load, in Vegas a couple years back, he totally cratered. Blake is stupid as shit and might actually sign the guy to a Petersen contract if he thinks that will score points with the fanbase that wants his head on a pike.

We still need a starting goalie. Talbot is not it. He is basically Brossoit at this point, maybe 25 games a year before the wheels fall off.

So we have a low-end but totally serviceable No.2 in Big Sieve Dave. We have a promising No. 3 in Portillo. You could always sign Copley to a league minimum.

But none of the above are going to move the needle at all from the bad spot we are currently stuck in.

I really just see them re-signing Talbot and calling it good in keeping with the "everything is fine, run it back" philosophy the French guys who are running the team into the ground seem to follow.
This is what I'm thinking. Rittich is a decent #2 but could be a great #3. I think Copley will resign cheap to be the #3 fighting for #2 with Rittich. We just need to find a #1. I say look for a trade first and if not go after someone like Lankinen to hold the net until Portillo is ready.

Let Portillo run the AHL net with Copley backing him up and getting back to health. Although I'd rather run Portillo and Ingham in the AHL, I think they will get a cheap vet back up instead of Ingham. If a goalie call-up needs to be made than Portillo should get the first chance, so he can get his "cup of coffee". Even if he isn't "ready" he needs to know what the pro game is like. The day to day aspects, travel, team bonding, practices, the important stuff that is not seen on the ice but much needed for guys to mature into good pros to take back to the AHL guys.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

Nobody thinks that Brossoit is the answer. I think most fans just acknowledge that the Kings have a Blake tax and thus any smart moves with long term benefit are off the table. Brossoit is probably better than Talbot and simply the least-bad option that stays within the realm of possibilities that this front office would consider.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Makes sense.

Now you try and acquire a #1 goalie and let Portillo and Rittich compete for the #2 spot in camp.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Nobody thinks that Brossoit is the answer. I think most fans just acknowledge that the Kings have a Blake tax and thus any smart moves with long term benefit are off the table. Brossoit is probably better than Talbot and simply the least-bad option that stays within the realm of possibilities that this front office would consider.
Apologies if I wasn’t clear on my post. No, I don’t think Brossoit is the answer to our goaltending and for him to be our starter. Unless we trade for a bonafide starter, I believe that Brossoit or the other Gs I named are options for Rittich to split time with if we don’t re-sign Talbot and decide not to bring Portillo up.

Reactions: Seattle King

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Of all the UFA's...Roy, Arvidsson, Rittich, Talbot, Lewis and Copley...Dave is the only one I was ok with signing. Hope they do not sign any of the others.
RFA's hoping for a good deal for QB and Spence...and Turcotte gets a new deal. I would sign Kaliyev, but see him traded and not for that good of a return,
especially with his upside to score 20 somewhere.

Hoping they get a legit #1 goalie and after Rittich's yr, let Portillo take #2 for 25-26. If he's excelling still and doesn't go Full Cal.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Talbot seemed to love it here, wouldn't be surprised to see him, Rittich, Copley all in the mix
That's what concerns me. They are going to just run the whole thing back again, keep nodding and smiling and saying how great the progress is. Wouldnt you if you had cap f***ed yourself into irrelevance and had no instructions on how to exit? We all saw how great the season turned out with three No.2 goalies as our crease.
I am thinking of taking a year off, I dont need to watch this again I already saw the ending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad