News Article: RIP Dutchy

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
RIP Dutchman. A great Sasky boy who was the best at what he did. I watched him through early days at STV in Saskatoon and followed his career knowing from those early broadcasts that this guy was special. A true original in his delivery with a wicked sense of humour and mischievous spirit. The Pride of Porcupine Plains.
Porcupine Plain getting hit hard with Dutch and Kelly Chase waging his battle with cancer as well.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So sad to hear, the man was a legend. He was a true innovator of how sports highlights should be delivered. Was sad when he left ITV, but his star was too bright to be contained at our local station, and he soon showed the nation his incredible energy, wit and enthusiasm . One of a kind. RIP Dutchy and condolences to his family and all those who mourn his loss today.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I am 47. After my FIL and by BILs brother I asked my doctor during my phsyical when he was doing up the standard bloodwork. I asked for my PSA to get checked. He said, "you don't need it until 50".

I said, "Listen, I lost my grandfather, almost lost my FIL and my BILs is going through hell right now watching his brother after we watched our FIL fight....I want it checked".

So also as another reminder.....be your own advocate!!!

100%

I'm down in the states these days and here they are a lot more likely to do the tests... motivations are a bit different (revenue vs tax payer dollars), so they always offer... but yeah if you have any family history make sure you insist.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He really was a legend in the business. I think anyone who is a millennial and older really watched him the most. My fondest memory was waking up for school in the morning and turning on Sportscenter where they replayed the night show all throughout the night into the morning and I would turn it on to look at the hockey scores and he was always on it with his charm and silliness. RIP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad