In Memoriam RIP Alberta O'Reilly Fan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
For some reason, seeing all 3 2015 1st rounders. both 1st rounders from 2016, plus knowing Carlo, Lauzon, and others were on the sidelines made me think of all the head-butting on draft strategy with AOF.

I'd take the side that the B's stink at it, Mike would take the other and always say "name me a better team than this." He'd list out a team with so many logical fallacies like including guys who were traded for other guys (Mike you couldn't have Seguin, Hamilton, and Kessel in the same lineup!) or list players like Wheeler that we didn't draft...but in the end, watching 8 homegrown forwards, 5 home grown D men, and a bunch of Bruins 1st and 2nd round picks making contributions...Mike, alright fine...you won, you son of a bitch, you won.:laugh:

the fact that senny got hurt makes the miracle one game they all played together no doubt Mike pulled some strings and collectively gave all of us the middle finger hahah.

when you think about it, the 15 and 16 drafts five defensemen that should have been playing that night, McAvoy, Carlo, Lauzon, Zboril and Lindgren. Crazy

UrsusArctos

Sep 28, 2008
Calgary
I haven't even lurked in years and to hear of AOFs passing in a true gut punch. One of a handful of posters I remember always reading. He just seemed like the sweetest guy. His proposals were right out of left field, if left field were somewhere in the Andromeda system. I absolutely loved them. Partly for the entertainment, but mostly because it was clear that the man loved being a Bruins fan.
My condolences to those who loved him and his friends here.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It's been a while since Mike's passing. Every time we lose someone a little piece of our heart and humanity goes with them. Maybe it's the rain, or Covid, or worrying about my grandchildren etc but this morning I thought of Mike as I started my day. I wish I would've ribbed him less, enjoyed his posts more, and realized that like all of us we hang on to this mortal coil weakly for far too short a time. Although I never met him in person he had an affect on my daily life in a way that is hard to understand. He, like so many of my friends and relatives won't be forgotten as they take just a little bit of me with them.
I hope that we get to meet them all in a different dimension where there is no measure of time.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Can't believe I am just seeing this.

This is such sad news. His opinions and in detail thoughts always led to good discussions whether you agreed with him or not.

He was a great poster. One of the first I interacted with on this board.

He will be greatly missed.

Rest well,

Sully

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I appreciate the mods keeping this thread at the top of the page, as I think about Mike every day when I visit. I miss reading his post game remarks, but I often have an idea of what I think he'd say.

I hope his wife is somehow doing better. I remember Mike talking about her health struggles, rarely mentioning his.

A trade deadline just isn't the same without him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I appreciate the mods keeping this thread at the top of the page, as I think about Mike every day when I visit. I miss reading his post game remarks, but I often have an idea of what I think he'd say.

I hope his wife is somehow doing better. I remember Mike talking about her health struggles, rarely mentioning his.

A trade deadline just isn't the same without him.

I promise you it will stay stuck until the end of the season and free agent frenzy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad