Referee Wes McCauley has a major conflict with Keefe, shouldn't be reffing Leafs Games

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I don't think an attempted murderer should have his opinions posted here.
He wasn't even willing to do it himself, needed to hire someone to do it and he talks about kids being soft today. Most people probably won't like that I joked about the murder for hire plot but.....oh well.

Reactions: klmdg

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Screenshot_20230420_140023_Twitter.jpg

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I’m thinking from a perspective that the NFL takes on their games.

I don’t know much about football at all TBH. Do referees ignore pass interference or holds depending on the score/situation?

Some people believe they do.
With any judgement type infractions you'll always have questions when it goes against your team.

there may have and could've been many a phantom holds called on interior linemen, those 4th quarter calls that killed drives late in the game and may have directly impacted the spread and which team covered and which team didn't, and thats been going on ever since the Las Vegas line became the Sunday bible.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Glad we got Wes' game out of the way in Game 1. This way there's no way we have him for the more important games later on.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
I said it was a toss up. It’s not a given that you’ll like or dislike the person your sibling ends up with.

My sibling’s current partner is a degenerative idiot. I liked her previous partner a lot. I dunno, it’s a toss up.

It’s just such a weak link it seems preposterous to use that to say that someone shouldn’t be able to ref.
The fact it could be seen as a toss-up is sufficient reason to keep that ref away from Leaf games, to avoid the appearance of being compromised. Except the pompous ass who is the Commissioner doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
Danton is right. All these kids are soft as shit. Never win being soft.
TB just won two cups... Am I missing something, they don't seem that tough?
They aren't out there destroying the leafs with the body or whatever, just playing hockey.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Remember this very important piece of the puzzle.

NHL hockey isn't considered a "sport", it is considered "sports entertainment".

Keep that in mind, then everything makes sense. The NHL is legally allowed to influence outcomes as they see fit.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Remember this very important piece of the puzzle.

NHL hockey isn't considered a "sport", it is considered "sports entertainment".

Keep that in mind, then everything makes sense. The NHL is legally allowed to influence outcomes as they see fit.
MLSE?? 🤔

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Marek saying he's hearing Wes McCauley might get the call for this game (Game 7 vs. Bruins)

insanity

Well well wellllllll .... we meet again.

1714768932312.png

Jacobs: Hey pal, I need a favour.
Bettman: What's up ?
Jacobs: Need our guy for Saturday, can he call alot of penalties?
Bettman: Already done my friend.
Jacobs: You've always been there for me.
Bettman: And always will be.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well well wellllllll .... we meet again.

View attachment 864201

Sweeney: Hey pal, I need a favour.
Bettman: What's up ?
Sweeney: Need our guy for Saturday, can he call alot of penalties?
Bettman: Already done my friend.
Sweeney: You've always been there for me.
Bettman: And always will be.
It happens at a level well above Sweeney's pay grade my friend .. and Jacobs does not ask .. he tells .. nice to be CHAIRMAN of da NHL who hires/fires Bettman and also own da Bruins .. we won't get any breaks at all Saturday night in Beantown .. that's for sure .. that's why I'm telling you guys it better me WOLL time .. we likely need a 40+ shot shutout

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Let Bruins win, right before Amazon completes the negotiation of their contract with Canadian clubs for Monday night games. What better way to decrease the rate the NHL can charge them then to see Leafs ousted again? I'm sure Amazon doesn't mind.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If I was to bet, I expect a minimum of penalties called.
But if not, and Boston gets 2 Power Play goals ....... it's time to speculate.
My guess is that each team gets one power play during regulation. They will mostly put the whistles away.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
My guess is that each team gets one power play during regulation. They will mostly put the whistles away.
was only 3 last night.

8 (5,3) Boston, Leafs - Boston Wins
8 (4,4) Boston Wins
8 (5 on Boston, 3 on Leafs) Leafs Win.
3 (2 on Boston, 1 Leafs). Leafs Win.

Game 6 was an oddly low number of penalties called.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
was only 3 last night.

8 (5,3) Boston, Leafs - Boston Wins
8 (4,4) Boston Wins
8 (5 on Boston, 3 on Leafs) Leafs Win.
3 (2 on Boston, 1 Leafs). Leafs Win.

Game 6 was an oddly low number of penalties called.
Without checking the stats to contradict myself, I think there tend to be fewer penalties the deeper a series goes. I don't think special teams will matter in game 7 as I think the Leafs will score 3 or 4 at even strength to decide the game anyway.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad