Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6.16.22)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Bernard could be our future Tyler Motte with a touch more scoring. I hope he is a little more, but his speed and tenacity will be his primary tools.

Berard is being under sold in here.

He's incredibly active and effective in all 3 zones with and with out the puck. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up the best player out of the trio of him/Othmann/Cuylle.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

He's incredibly active and effective in all 3 zones with and with out the puck. Wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up the best player out of the trio of him/Othmann/Cuylle.
Well they are our only 3 forward prospects currently even worth talking about, so let's hope that the situation is good for all of them.

I don't know what the plan for Pajuniemi is but the clock must be running short.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015

This could well be true and I would more than happy if so. At worst, though, I think he is at least a Tyler Motte. Even if the offense doesn't translate, he can still be extremely valuable. Motte was amazing on the 4th line. Speed and tenacity are huge difference makers.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Well they are our only 3 forward prospects currently even worth talking about, so let's hope that the situation is good for all of them.

I don't know what the plan for Pajuniemi is but the clock must be running short.
I disagree with "only 3 forward prospects currently even worth talking about" too easy to be influenced by gaudy stats at dev levels, and recency bias,
Paju, Trevigno, Henriksson, Edstrom, Korczak. Rempe can all build their NHL readiness in Hartford this season. Some NHLers follow a straight line path, but others not so much.
Korczak's recent season and Paju's last 2 seasons at home should not be taken for granted.
And Rempe may become a solid bottom six, love that he had this deep WHL playoff run.
I do, tho, wish I had more faith, in Pack staff, to maximize their progress

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Bernard could be our future Tyler Motte with a touch more scoring. I hope he is a little more, but his speed and tenacity will be his primary tools.
I see a few similarities but Berard is definitely more of a pest and crash the net player(despite is size), and like you said better offensively. I’m seeing more Callahan in him, just not as physical.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This could well be true and I would more than happy if so. At worst, though, I think he is at least a Tyler Motte. Even if the offense doesn't translate, he can still be extremely valuable. Motte was amazing on the 4th line. Speed and tenacity are huge difference makers.
When it comes to negating icings those traits are good to have. Kreider is also good at that.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not looking good for Cuylle and the Spitfires, down 2-0 in game 7 with 15 minutes left. His Junior career looks to be coming to an end..

Edit - all over, Cuylle couldnt win the championship unfortunately. 6-1 loss.

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Congrats on the run in the playoffs....really thought you guys could pull it off, but you'll have several more kicks at the can in the coming years. Your team and organizational depth is impressive.

Speaking of which, what do you guys think of Matthew Robertson? The Blues need help at LHD, and I'm guessing Miller and Lindgren are in your top-4 across from Fox and Trouba for the foreseeable. Seems like the Rangers have a lot of candidates for 5-6-7, so not sure if Robertson is in the long-term plans or if he could be used as a trade-chip to fill other areas.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Congrats on the run in the playoffs....really thought you guys could pull it off, but you'll have several more kicks at the can in the coming years. Your team and organizational depth is impressive.

Speaking of which, what do you guys think of Matthew Robertson? The Blues need help at LHD, and I'm guessing Miller and Lindgren are in your top-4 across from Fox and Trouba for the foreseeable. Seems like the Rangers have a lot of candidates for 5-6-7, so not sure if Robertson is in the long-term plans or if he could be used as a trade-chip to fill other areas.
Plans, and roster makeups, change quickly.
NYR are very high on both Zac Jones, and Robertson as near ready LD
But, IMHO, for a C of comparable age and resume, there might be a match

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I'm not sure what the team thinks of Robertson. He isn't talked about much. He isn't flashy and he's not going to generate much offense. If he can be a larger version of Lindgren, we'd all be ecstatic.

We recently signed Scanlin as a UDFA. He is a big kid also, and a couple years older. If the team feels he can be an NHL player, maybe that makes Robertson available, but outside of those 2, we really don't have anyone with size. I think the Rangers would prefer a bigger player in that spot, with Fox and Lindgren both being on the smaller side, but maybe someone like Jones could work paired with Schneider.

We'll know more after training camp. Robertson only got in 1 preseason game this year, with no callups, so it's hard to judge where his game is at. Hopefully he will get a longer look next year and actually challenge, if not win, a spot.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

If any of our good younger defensemen are up for trade, it would probably be him as he seems to be on the lower end of the depth chart.

With that said we shouldn’t be actively looking to trade him unless it’s for a team need, like packaging him up for young center.

Reactions: egelband

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I wonder what prospects will make a surprise debut on the Rangers in 22-23. Maybe Othmann and Cuylle most likely. anyone else maybe Berard signs this summer? Or does Berard stay for year 3?

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Oddly, it looks like he won't be in the summer.

As I read it, they listed full roster for 18U, but only listed 1st round picks for WJC
But I was riding in vehicle, may not have read accurately or completely

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Thought it was for this summer's tournament. Wonder why Bedard isn't on it.
Do they need a camp for that? I thought everyone that participated in January would be coming back.

Maybe Bedard couldn't attend for some reason, or they just didn't bother to invite him because it's already a given that he'll be on the team?

Reactions: Thirty One

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad