Pick 3 players in this top 15 that you think will Disappoint or Bust?

Which 3 players bust or disappoint in this draft (top 15)?

• Celebrini

• Demidov

• Silayev

• Levshunov

• Lindstrom

• Dickinson

• Parekh

• Buium

• Helenius

• Iginla

• Catton

• Yakemchuk

• Eiserman

• Sennecke

• Connelly

Results are only viewable after voting.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lindstrom reminds me of Evander Kane. A physically intimidating player in the WHL that will hit a wall when he will face grown men in the NHL. In other words, the advantage that allows him to succeed in junior leagues (i.e., physical skills) will disappear (or be much less helpful) at the next level. I don't think he has the vision and passing skills to be a big difference maker at the next level.
Yeah Kane really hit a wall physically in the NHL with his 55 points in 82 games average and 1200 PIMs. 7th in his draft in points. What a bust

Lindstrom is 6’3 210 lbs at 18 years old. He’s already a grown man and in the top 5% in terms of NHL size. What nonsense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I actually don't think anyone will bust. They'll all make it; however I voted Eiserman, Parekh & Connelly as they all have aspects in their games that at least gives them bust potential. Everyone else has higher floors, imo.

Would be impressive if they all do well. There is a difference between bust and disappointment though. Bust is barely making the NHL. Disappointment is you don't get a top 6F or top 4D.

My gut tells me it's deep but I thought that before.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Lindstrom reminds me of Evander Kane. A physically intimidating player in the WHL that will hit a wall when he will face grown men in the NHL. In other words, the advantage that allows him to succeed in junior leagues (i.e., physical skills) will disappear (or be much less helpful) at the next level. I don't think he has the vision and passing skills to be a big difference maker at the next level.
I agree that Lindstrom vision, offence awareness and passing skills aren't elite, not his best traits for sure. At Jr level, he can bully the weaker players, but it will be much tougher in NHL. IMO, the vision and the IQ are the most important qualities for a hockey player, more important than the strength and the size.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I like Iginla a lot but talent wise..I prefer Catton.

Forwards:

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Iginla - Senneke
Lindstrom
I like the ability of the top 3 to problem solve to create offense. I think they’ll only refine that.

Iginla higher floor.
Catton higher ceiling.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like the ability of the top 3 to problem solve to create offense. I think they’ll only refine that.

Iginla higher floor.
Catton higher ceiling.

Why do you think that? Because Catton put up a lot of points as an older 18 year old this past year? Catton turned 18 this past Jan. Iggy don't turn 18 until this Aug. Iggy was 1.5 months away from being in the 2025 draft.

Also, Catton has a higher ceiling because he was the 1st OA pick in the WHL draft?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Reinbach... oh shoot, you mean this year? Catton, Parekh, Yakemchuk had a pretty uninspiring collection of points.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

E Kane is an interesting find for a Lindstrom comparison. I have seen some nit pick your "hit a wall" statement but I understand what you mean. I also see a CHL monster that over powers guys but might change when he faces the big guys in the NHL. You see that time and time again. One area I was looking into while watching video is D coverage. Is Lindstrom overpowering guys his size or the younger soft/light guys in the CHL. Difficult to nail down in evaluation... for that part, I would have had to watch him live for several games and especially against a team with a good D.

Yeah, I like it. E Kane is a great comparison at what kind of player Lindstrom could be. Would you say that is his base, ceiling, or mid ground comparison?

I'll eat crow with Lindstrom if he becomes the monster forward some think he is. I see that possible potential but that to me is a gullible drool. The other part that is gulible, is thinking Lindstrom is a true type center and will be one at the NHL level.

Anybody have experience into Lindstrom where he dominated against one of the better teams with a good D this past year? That I would be curious about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad