Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps, 4-1. Jarry, get ready to learn Arizonan, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
PHI with 5 straight losses and WSH with 4. It makes sense given both teams have terrible GD and should not be in the playoffs.

Let them continue to plummet and take care of business. We have a tough road ahead of us and need everyone to step up - not just Sid. It was nice seeing the team play well without relying on him for 3 points.
3-7 in the metro is bunch of flawed or out of synch teams. The Pens have the best roster of them. Still lots of work to do, but they are mentally locked in, which is so good to see after they looked cooked after the deadline.

Reactions: MrBrightside

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Regardless of how this end of season stretch turns out, I'm just thankful it's looking like they're going to be shipping off the 1st to SJ this year instead of next.

The potential for any of the elderly core, Sid most especially, not being as lucky health wise next year as they have been this one was not a risk I was looking forward to worrying about all next season.

Now they either pleasantly surprise by improving after learning from whatever went wrong this season, or they get a shot at the lottery. Regardless of how it goes, it'll be a far more relaxing season to follow than how it was potentially shaping up before this miracle run near the end here.

If they somehow make the playoffs thanks to this streak, what a story that would be for the core's legacy after selling at the deadline.

LGP

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
IMG_2272.gif

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Need 6 wins a row to even have a chance. Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Nashville... All very good teams. And then Detroit and NYI which are both 4 point games...

Imagine missing the playoffs again by 1 point and looking back at all the blown games because of square peg + round hole coaching - and then doing the same thing again next year?

It's absolutely maddening.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Didn't see the game. Had a game of my own. Had one of my sticks get broken and took a shot off my foot. Hopefully i didn't break my f-ing foot. I already broke my left one last year playing hockey.

I guess the Pens fared better than I did though. We actually in this thing?

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Need 6 wins a row to even have a chance. Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Nashville... All very good teams. And then Detroit and NYI which are both 4 point games...

Imagine missing the playoffs again by 1 point and looking back at all the blown games because of square peg + round hole coaching - and then doing the same thing again next year?

It's absolutely maddening.
We certainly don’t need all 6 “to have a chance.” Plenty of factors at play here. Most importantly we need to beat NYI and DET. We could get in finishing 4-2 or 5-1 depending on what else happens.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Nice that they finally decided to try but with how the last few years have gone, I'm fully expecting them to take a gigantic shit on the ice in the last 2-3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad