Player Discussion Pat Maroon

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Patty Maroon is earning his paycheck in this series so far. This is the grit that the Bruins have needed for a long time for the long overdue replacement for guys like Shawn Thornton and the like. I hope they pay him whatever he wants to keep him here.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Imagine the Bruins cost in food
72d9fc29-c01b-47cd-9702-26f11d7cad31-Todd_Angilly.jpg

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Maroon is the guy they lacked last year. Lucic was supposed to fill this role. Big Rig is a deterrent for the Florida BS.

This team feels tougher than last year.
I noticed last night that Florida was tame after the whistle compared to last year, no stick work, pushes from behind , not one face wash , interesting, should we be calling it the Maroon effect.

Reactions: SPV and BadBruins

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They don't have Gudas and Staal. Bennet is hurt and Lomborg is out also - so they don't have the same snarl..
So let me break this code for everyone, so what you are saying is Thachuk balls have shrunk............Funny you mentioned Gudas, I was thinking yesterday about him, and will they miss him.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
So let me break this code for everyone, so what you are saying is Thachuk balls have shrunk............Funny you mentioned Gudas, I was thinking yesterday about him, and will they miss him.

We shall see. I'm sure he'll ramp it up, but if he doesn't have his cast of clowns it may not work nearly as well..

Reactions: Hookslide

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Lucic is a lot scarier, but Maroon is such a natural born sh*t talker its hilarious
I know, I don't think we've had that guy around since Thornton and Darth Quaider.

Oh man imagine trying to be a wrecking ball against the Bruins back when we had Thornton and McQuaid and Ference and Boychuk and Chara and Lucic and even little Gregory Campbell.

Reactions: sarge88

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I know, I don't think we've had that guy around since Thornton and Darth Quaider.

Oh man imagine trying to be a wrecking ball against the Bruins back when we had Thornton and McQuaid and Ference and Boychuk and Chara and Lucic and even little Gregory Campbell.

Haha McQuaid, otherwise known as mr "heavy duty" or "one tough hombre"

Good memories from those teams

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Love Big Rig and also congrats to his family.

Here's a fantastic story about his journey and his relationship with his son

Great read. Despised him as a player for so many years but it looks like he's beloved by the entire team.

Leadership took a huge hit with Bergy, Krejci, and Fliggy leaving in one summer. Bringing him in was, and has been the right move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad