Confirmed with Link: Panthers claim D Fitzgerald from Buffalo

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Here is our new n.1D!

Kidding, but if we somehow found another serviceable guy, that'd be great.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Sucks for him he just saw his chance to play in playoffs reduced, but welcome home to another Fitzgerald

Reactions: 5 Hole

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The kid's a great teammate and despite being undersized, will mix it up out there physically. Good luck Casey!

Any comparable player?

Kid is a scrappy little pup. I like it. Is this eventually setting up for Gudas’ departure?

-ghoste

Tkachuk approval is good for me.
Feels like it could be a chance of his replacement.

Hoping one of Ludvig or Alscher can develop into a physical defensive defenseman, a bottom pair hit machine.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Sabres fans seem to think he isn’t NHL material which is probably true. Maybe depth for Charlotte. I don’t have my hopes up.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Seems like a Lomberg but on defense.
Willing to fight, giving up size and weight.
Plays with a big heart, team first guy and willing to do tough tasks to stay in league.

Definitely worth a shot with our luck of finding some winning waiver tickets of recent past.

Screenshot_20230111-173937_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230111-173952_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Sabres fans seem to think he isn’t NHL material which is probably true. Maybe depth for Charlotte. I don’t have my hopes up.
My guess is that we want Kiersted developing in the AHL instead of riding the bench. This kid could be something decent and clearly makes Tkachuk happy...personally I think MT looks a bit annoyed in interviews recently given the team's struggles

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
My guess is that we want Kiersted developing in the AHL instead of riding the bench. This kid could be something decent and clearly makes Tkachuk happy...personally I think MT looks a bit annoyed in interviews recently given the team's struggles
Yeah, losing isn’t fun so it makes sense. Everybody should be annoyed. This won’t really move the needle at all, and I hope Zito isn’t making moves to placate Tkachuk. That’s not how managing a professional sports team should work.

I’d be happy to be pleasantly surprised and eat crow.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Seems like a Lomberg but on defense.
Willing to fight, giving up size and weight.
Plays with a big heart, team first guy and willing to do tough tasks to stay in league.

Definitely worth a shot with our luck of finding some winning waiver tickets of recent past.

View attachment 633648View attachment 633649
I was thinking comparables to that one defenseman from a couple years ago, His Name Escapes me at the moment.
He got traded to Chicago, then I believe he went to Vancouver where he broke his leg.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

If Florida tries to assign him, I would be surprised if Buffalo didn't just reclaim him and assign him to their affiliate in Rochester. He's well-liked by the staff there and was well liked by his teammates.

Fun fact, linesman #55 is my friend Kyle Flemington.

He hasn't been quite the same since this one -

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If Florida tries to assign him, I would be surprised if Buffalo didn't just reclaim him and assign him to their affiliate in Rochester. He's well-liked by the staff there and was well liked by his teammates.

He hasn't been quite the same since this one -

That was pretty Dirty by the Vegas guy.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad