Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Oh I agree amazing skater I've seen that this series and he can carry the puck out of their zone. But that's about all I've seen.

So many fans insist it's not even debatable if he's the best dman in the league. I just haven't seen it this series. Their powerplay hasn't been that impressive as we saw tonight.

Actually most impressed with Miller (who has a very tough job), Zadorov, boeser and of course hasek.
He's probably not even the best purely offensive d-man. Makar is certainly in that conversation. So are Bouchard and Karlsson who scored more than 100 points only a year ago. Then there are all-around d-men like Hedman, Josi, Pietrangelo, Doughty, even Ekholm.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
The thing with Ceci I see is how poorly he reads the game.

He is always reacting to stuff instead of reading the play and anticipating.

When a puck goes in the corner, everyone and their dog sees it in real time, but Ceci just needs that extra split second to react so the opponent easily wins the foot race because they're already going there.

Then when he has the puck all by himself in the corner you see him with his two-hand grip, trying to locate the puck in his skates, looking up to see what to do as the forechecker approaches and you just think "you're gonna cough it up, aren't you" and lo and behold...

If they're gonna treat Kulak-Ceci as more of a third pairing they might as well try Stecher there, although I'll say careful what you wish for on that one. It isn't exactly Bobby Orr sitting there in the press box waiting for his chance.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Was driving on the 401 for three hours, just caught the highlights. How did Picard do? Above 0.900 seems good.

Lmao Brock Bouncer strikes again, f*** I thought LA was a luckshow. These clowns shit gold...every game they score like its NHL 25 physics.

Looks like an insane end to the game. Canucks souls snatched in the dying minutes.
Pickard was fantastic. Those two goals bounced off of players. Yes, Vancouver have horseshoes shoved up their ass.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Was driving on the 401 for three hours, just caught the highlights. How did Picard do? Above 0.900 seems good.

Lmao Brock Bouncer strikes again, f*** I thought LA was a luckshow. These clowns shit gold...every game they score like its NHL 25 physics.

Looks like an insane end to the game. Canucks souls snatched in the dying minutes.

Also, as predicted: Bouch bounce back game
GDT: - WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

So you drove from Scarborough to Mississauga?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Just to play devils advocate, I don't think Cole was diving. I think he realized that a point shot was incoming and he threw himself away from the net so he wouldn't deflect another puck into his own net.

Really smart, veteran play by him :sarcasm:
Cole is the goal-scoring sensation. They Oilers should engrave his name on the cup if they win it!

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Pickard was so much more dependable back there. Two deflections, one off of tweedle dum Nurse. Draisaitl continues to show he's the real leader when things tighten up here. Still no show work from the entire 3rd line. When the f*** are the rest of these guys going to pot a few? No bloody way they can continue to rely on the top two and expect to go anywhere.

I noticed about midway through the 2nd they finally... FINALLY broke up Ceci and Nurse. And of course Nurse ends up costing them at least 1. That guy is like the 4th best D in this squad.. f***ing $9.25 million for him. Unreal how incredibly incompetent this management has been.

Took this long just to unwind and post something. They held them down for 40 minutes, only to let them charge back like that. Back to a hostile away game they absolutely need to win (deja vu). Very happy for Pickard though, and there is no question he should start if there even was any doubt.

Reactions: McDoused

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
It's funny how teams can have an entirely new roster but still maintain the culture from the teams before. The Canucks are still rats like they were during the Burrows days. That team is full of p***yes who can't do shit physically aside from cheap shots.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
An adult elephant's poo weighs around 18kg and they will poo every couple of hours.

A canucks fan weighs roughly four times that and will poo poo only between complaining about officiating.
Canucks fans usually pretty backed up with out much complaining they do.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad