Buffalo Bills Offseason part 3, redux. Free agency and new league year begin March 16th, 4pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Disagree. He got obliterated by a terrible offensive line and no WRs last year.

Put him behind the Colts' O-line and running attack, and I think he's at least as good as Rivers was for them, if not better.
Ryan isn't done - but it's still odd knowing that Mayfield is out there with Cleveland desperate to move him.

I don't see an obvious landing spot for Baker now. Maybe Carolina or Seattle? But both of those teams could likely draft QBs early.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Ryan isn't done - but it's still odd knowing that Mayfield is out there with Cleveland desperate to move him.

I don't see an obvious landing spot for Baker now. Maybe Carolina or Seattle? But both of those teams could likely draft QBs early.

Just please.....for the love of everything holy.........get him OUT of the AFC. We don't need any more competent QBs in the conference. We're already WAY over quota.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Reads to me that they already made up.their minds - this is not a depth signing, but they dont have the coin to meet the Bates offer. And, with last years OL chemistry finally coming around, thats dangerous. Protecting qb $$$$ should be 1st priority.
I hope they manage to hold onto him - but losing him is a real possibility.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Disagree. He got obliterated by a terrible offensive line and no WRs last year.

Put him behind the Colts' O-line and running attack, and I think he's at least as good as Rivers was for them, if not better.
I've watched a lot of the Falcons over the last few years since I've owned Ryan and Julio in a dynasty league for awhile. My impression is that Ryan's play really started to go downhill the second half of 2020 and last year was just a continued downward slide. You're right, a good oline and run game could certainly prolong his career if he's not asked to do too much, and I hope it's true because I really like Ryan and would love seeing him get another run, but I'm not hopeful. His arm is all sorts of shot.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I've watched a lot of the Falcons over the last few years since I've owned Ryan and Julio in a dynasty league for awhile. My impression is that Ryan's play really started to go downhill the second half of 2020 and last year was just a continued downward slide. You're right, a good oline and run game could certainly prolong his career if he's not asked to do too much, and I hope it's true because I really like Ryan and would love seeing him get another run, but I'm not hopeful. His arm is all sorts of shot.
As @Zman5778 already said - he's no worse than Rivers was a couple of years ago. That Rivers team made the playoffs & arguably should have beaten the Bills.

Ryan is a clear upgrade over Wentz. If Mayfield wasn't available as a younger / better alternative I would have liked it for Indy.

Reactions: Zman5778

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Another tie! Kyler Gordon and George Karlaftis both get 33% of the vote and come off the board. I decided to take a small liberty with the add. David Ojabo overwhelmingly won the add poll with 56% of the vote, but given (1) he's dead; (2) 2 are coming off the board, adding just one would leave us with just 4 in the poll, one of which isn't playing this year and another is a QB. So I'm adding the #2 option as well, Jalen Pitre. Yes, I'm 100% biased as I've wanted to vote for him for a few rounds now, but well, of well.

New poll here: 2022 HF Bills Big Board 30

1. Aiden Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (72.7%)
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon (72.7%)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (66.7%)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (72.7%)
5. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (44.4%)
6. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (28.6%)
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (28.6%)
8. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (30%)
9. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (42.9%)
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (25%)
10. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (25%)
12. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State (28.6%)
12. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (28.6%)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (50%)
15. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (37.5%)
16. Drake London, WR, USC (42.9%)
17. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (33.3%)
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (33.3%)
19. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (57.1%)
20. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia (55.6%)
21. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (44.4%)
22. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (33.3%)
22. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (33.3%)
24. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (66.7%)
25. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (50%)
26. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (60%)
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (50%)
28. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (33.3%)
28. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (33.3%)
Just bumping this back to the top page.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
One thing I'll say about Wyatt: Brugler and some other guys I follow actually have him above his linemate Davis that we took off the board all the way back at 17. I think that's probably right, too. I know everyone is enamored with Davis's measurables and athleticism, but Davis actually plays all 3 downs, plays the more important position, and didn't have weight issues in college. I personally just don't want to invest a high pick in DL, but if we're going to, I'd take the 3-tech over the 1-tech.
FWIW I went with Wyatt purely because i think he's BPA of the choices. I'm in no way advocating they actually pick him.

I would have picked Ojabo had he not got hurt. I'd have voted for Penning next, but he's not listed yet.

Reactions: Husko

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

As @Zman5778 already said - he's no worse than Rivers was a couple of years ago. That Rivers team made the playoffs & arguably should have beaten the Bills.

Ryan is a clear upgrade over Wentz. If Mayfield wasn't available as a younger / better alternative I would have liked it for Indy.
Not comparing caliber or accomplishments, but Manning with Denver also comes to mind. If Ryan's defense-reading, etc., is better than Mayfield's (I have no true basis to judge, I haven't watched Ryan, & don't really remember the Bills-Falcons game in January), then Ryan over Mayfield may indeed make sense for Indy. But it looks odd.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I wonder if the Bills give Trae Waynes a look, assuming he's not "dead"...we know that they've tried vets on short term deals like Kevin Johnson and Josh Norman before, so he would fit the bill if he's not totally broken.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I wonder if the Bills give Trae Waynes a look, assuming he's not "dead"...we know that they've tried vets on short term deals like Kevin Johnson and Josh Norman before, so he would fit the bill if he's not totally broken.
I suggested it before - but my vote for this type of pickup would go to AJ Bouye.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Love the Crowder pickup and how we've become a destination for quality players to ring-chase on below-market deals

Still wouldn't hate going WR in the 1st if Williams or Burks drops all the way to us, but starting the year with Diggs, Davis, Crowder/McKenzie, Knox, and Howard as receiving options is solid.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Crowder to the Bills 1yr/4m

Good slot, and wont throw a temper tantrum if he has to wear a mask around teammates again
I really like this signing. Good slot receiver. May have had a bit of a down year last year due to Wilson playing putrid at times. Will be interesting to see how he does with an elite QB.

Edit: didnt realize he was only 28. Really like this signing now. I believe he has some injury concerns, tho.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Crowder is fine. I hope going cheaper at slot suggests a greater role for McKenzie and possibly drafting a WR in the first

I think Crowder is a little more than "fine". He's always been a pain in Buffalo's ass and has averaged 4 catches per game. And he's NEVER played with a QB that's on Allen's level.

I think he's truly Beasley's replacement, but I-Mac will have a greater role as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad