• Total voters

Mar 26, 2010

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I dont see an option of me being OK with the deal
OP doesn't have the space in his brain to allow that type of thinking from other people.

Tells you all you need to know.

9.5-10 was the right amount.

He's overpaid by 1.5-2 million per year.

Bad luck for the Leafs that they collected multiple stars that have the same mindset. The only guy who doesn't is Rielly.

Do they hang out in Muskoka by any chance?

It's up to the GM to balance this shit out. These guys aren't going into the GM's office like "I will take a pay cut to stay a Leaf"

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
No option for the contract is ok? Wants to tell everyone he's already disappeared after only a couple of games post contract? Yeah OP is a hack with an agenda. Get lost.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Do they hang out in Muskoka by any chance?

It's up to the GM to balance this shit out. These guys aren't going into the GM's office like "I will take a pay cut to stay a Leaf"

Rielly did.

Other superstars around the league do.

There's a reason Toronto has 4 of the 11 highest-paid players in the game right now and it's not because they're that good.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
First half of the season Nylander is worth around 10-10.5 so about a mill. Lately it seems like Bert and JT are holding him back he doesn't have the same sizzle as 2023.
+1
Another hate thread.
Grow up!
LOL.
I dont see an option of me being OK with the deal
11+ is an option, doesn't that fit?
I wouldn’t lump Tavares in there. His context matters - the other 3…
Yup.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Rielly did.

There's a reason Toronto has 4 of the 11 highest-paid players in the game right now and it's not because they're that good.

The new big bad boss of everything is on vacation right now. When he gets back word is he's doing some major management re-arrangement.

I should walk right up to him and express my desire to stay with the "team" and take a pay cut if that's what it takes to stay with this team even though the grass may be greener elsewhere.................

Come on......no one is doing that in the real world?

Rielly did.

Rielly should be and always should have been wearing the C.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
3 games! No points!

IS ANYONE SURPRISED?!

WILLY STYLES! 11.5 mil 8 years starting next year!
giphy.gif

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Enjoy it, he might have 1-2 season of sniffing PPG at most after this one. Will easily be one of the worst contracts in the league by year 8.

Mar 26, 2010
Enjoy it, he might have 1-2 season of sniffing PPG at most after this one. Will easily be one of the worst contracts in the league by year 8.
Nylander fleeced the MLSE. He is a $7M player at best. Bottom 6 winger.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s already garbage. Man hasn’t scored a goal since he put pen to paper. Guaranteed if he was still unsigned he’d have potted 3-4 this past week and his demands would be $12 million instead.

The way Nylander's spectacular season just abruptly got put on pause after that San Jose celebration 3 pointer is pretty disappointing. Instead of stepping up, continuing, asserting himself this weekend, he just turned into foot off the gas Willie. Not pleased.

Reactions: 34

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I think Nylander can certainly be a PPG guy through most of his contract. Don't see why he couldn't with the talent he has. The only thing is that PPG shouldn't be worth 11.5 million. That should be reserved for players who put up at or near 100+ points a year and/or are good all around players.

Mar 26, 2010
OP doesn't have the space in his brain to allow that type of thinking from other people.

Tells you all you need to know.
or you don’t have the space in your brain to know he is not worth anything close to that. Don’t throw insults out and not expect to get it right back. Knock it off.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
or you don’t have the space in your brain to know he is not worth anything close to that. Don’t throw insults out and not expect to get it right back. Knock it off.
What option should I knock off?

If you want an honest answer, you should make a poll that actually allows people to answer honestly.

You felt the need to put in an option for "Nothing, he should have been traded"

That's an option.

Another option that you omitted is "he was paid fairly"

However you feel about him and how much money he is being paid. You left that out. I didn't make the poll, you did.

Mar 26, 2010
What option should I knock off?

If you want an honest answer, you should make a poll that actually allows people to answer honestly.

You felt the need to put in an option for "Nothing, he should have been traded"

That's an option.

Another option that you omitted is "he was paid fairly"

However you feel about him and how much money he is being paid. You left that out. I didn't make the poll, you did.
I added that to the poll. I did not honestly think anyone was in agreement with that AAV. It was not a shot at anyone. Anyway, it is now an option.

• Love
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad