Speculation: Now that Keefe is gone what happens to the rest of the staff?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
lighten up, smile ... stress is a nasty thing ... this attitude that finds every statement offensive is growing old

I don’t find everything offensive, there’s lots posted on here that funny as hell. but comments like that are offensive to hockey fans of colour like myself

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I personally think it’s Berube as the head, Todd or Bruce as the assistant coach. Both Todd and Bruce have a record running successful PP’s
Given the interest in Todd McLellan around the league right now, I'd be very surprised if he ended up falling back on an assistant coach job. Seems like a foregone conclusion that he will have a head coach's job before next season starts - plenty of coaching vacancies at the moment, with potentially more along the way once teams get into their off-season planning.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
what BS> was he not sent to the AHL because he mentally crumbled ? that happened if the goaltender that you are coaching gets sent to the minors because he's mentally weak it means 2 things.

1 Yes he does suck

2 you aren't doing your job as a coach.

both things can be and are true.
They could be true, or they might not be true. YOU don't know, and yet here you are posting UNINFORMED OPINION as fact, without evidence.

Samsonov is actually a very good goalie. That is a fact, backed up by stats when he's playing well. We all know this to be true. He is also mentally weak... and has stated this on record.

That Samsonov plays well, when his head is on right, and that Woll plays very well, when healthy, suggests that the coaching they are getting, is making our goalies play very well. There are two issues... Samsonov either needs a better mental health coach, or he just can't be fixed... and as alluded to in the season ending presser, the Leafs need to look at Woll's preparation, diet and training, to see if these injuries can be prevented.

That's the problem... you've never been able to accurately attribute where the problem is... never... you've jumped up and down throwing tantrums, in games where the team in front of the goalie completely hung them out to dry. You've created threads complaining about the goaltending, about this... and yet it seems you did nothing more than stats watch, didn't actually watch the games, or don't understand the game of hockey itself. Sure, there has been times the goaltending sucked, but then there were games when it wasn't the goalies fault, but the teams, and you had no idea what happened on the ice.

Now you are making claims about coaching, with no idea about the quality of the coaching, just another hysterical group of posts... from a guy who either doesn't watch the game, doesn't understand it... and can't seem to figure out how the goalies have played very well on this team, when healthy, both physically and mentally.

Seriously, this is just silly.

Given the interest in Todd McLellan around the league right now, I'd be very surprised if he ended up falling back on an assistant coach job. Seems like a foregone conclusion that he will have a head coach's job before next season starts - plenty of coaching vacancies at the moment, with potentially more along the way once teams get into their off-season planning.
Pagnotta suggested today, that McLellan really only wants to work for one more team, before retiring, that would be as a Head Coach... Now, I have no idea if he's speculating or...

Reactions: Tak7

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
So being a female and being of colour means you can never be hired on merit?

I don’t care if it pisses people off but this line of thinking is what pisses me off about people on this board.stop saying shit just to say it or think it’s funny. Not everyone on this board is Caucasian. Some of us are black or other ethnicities and it’s a major slap in the face to read comments like that.

FYI, Vancouver has two assistant GM’s who are female and that club has been dominant all year and one handles all the contracts on the team, I don’t see a bad contract on Vancouver and their cap structure is fantastic.

While I do agree diversity hiring/hiring just to check a box isn’t the best practice; there are people of colour or women who can do the job and be successful.
Hey.. relax!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
While the obvious answer is you fire Boucher and Mike Van Ryn because our special teams absolutely sucked...you still let the coach choose the staff.

I personally would have cleaned house and told him to hire new, whoever he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad