GDT: Non-Panthers 2021 Playoffs

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Our finals team was much better than this habs team

I don’t know. It’s obviously very hard to compare the teams.

But 1996 Panthers scored a total of 5 goals in 4 games. Got destroyed 1-8 game 2.

Just like the habs, we deserved to be there because of how well we played in the first 3 rounds. Montreal is looking out of place with Tampa, but so did we with Colorado.

Reactions: zeroG

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don’t know. It’s obviously very hard to compare the teams.

But 1996 Panthers scored a total of 5 goals in 4 games. Got destroyed 1-8 game 2.

Just like the habs, we deserved to be there because of how well we played in the first 3 rounds. Montreal is looking out of place with Tampa, but so did we with Colorado.

Not really, we were arguably the better team than Colorado in games 3 and 4. Game 4 went to 4OT, could have gone either way. It's hard to compare eras, but I think that Panthers team would have given this Tampa team a run for their money.

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
Looking at the roster comparison between our finals team and this habs team it just doesn't seem close to me. Price is the only reason they got this far and Beezer is better than him imo

also that colorado team would mop the floor with tampa

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Looking at the roster comparison between our finals team and this habs team it just doesn't seem close to me. Price is the only reason they got this far and Beezer is better than him imo

also that colorado team would mop the floor with tampa

We definitely were not the best scf team in history, but we are far from the worst. We had an underrated blueline, Laus wasn't even playing regular minutes. Mid-way through 96-97 Brian Murray inexplicably traded Barnes and Woolley to Pittsburgh for Chris Wells. They would both find their way to Buffalo and help the Sabres' resurgence in the late 90's. Actually Woolley led the 1999 scf team in scoring. Barnes had 3 goals in the Finals.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I didnt saw the Game yesterday, but 3-2 lost 0-5 PP and 39 shots on Goal faced. Looked like Carey stole them a Game.
Yeah, Price played better than Vasy, illustrated by the saves Price made during the 4-minute PP and the GWG that Vasy was slow to.

I hope Habs realize that Vasy and his D are nearly impenetrable after a loss. They have a high mountain to climb but they knew they’d have to win in Tampa to win the SC. Miracles do happen. First goals are scored. First wins are recorded. You never know in hockey.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Yeah, Price played better than Vasy, illustrated by the saves Price made during the 4-minute PP and the GWG that Vasy was slow to.

I hope Habs realize that Vasy and his D are nearly impenetrable after a loss. They have a high mountain to climb but they knew they’d have to win in Tampa to win the SC. Miracles do happen. First goals are scored. First wins are recorded. You never know in hockey.

first goal was huge. they never had to chase the game.

suzuki looks like a real player. that assist on the first goal was a thing of beauty.

here's hoping they can get the first goal again tonight and make things interesting.

Reactions: KW

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Figures we played the defending champs, and now the two time champs in round 1. Vasy's shutouts to end series is just ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad