Player Discussion: Nick Paul

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Whatever it takes, PAY THIS MAN. He can easily play on our second line.

Reactions: JDBolt

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Nick Paul is a f***ing warrior, built for the playoffs, wish we could keep him in Ottawa, pray Matthieu Joseph is as good as he initially looked in Sens jersey. Paul is gonna make some coins as a sought after UFA.

Rooting for him and the Sens’ expansion brothers in Tampa for the cup!

Reactions: Wester

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we were to trade Killorn and sign Palat but with a small paycut, what could we actually offer Paul?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If we were to trade Killorn and sign Palat but with a small paycut, what could we actually offer Paul?
He turned down 4 x 2.6 or 2.7 from Ottawa, wanted supposedly 3 - 3.2 x 4.
Likely his agent is looking for more now, after playoffs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He turned down 4 x 2.6 or 2.7 from Ottawa, wanted supposedly 3 - 3.2 x 4.
Likely his agent is looking for more now, after playoffs.
Yeah, whatever his value was in Ottawa, he's worth more now. He proved a lot here, both in the regular season and the playoffs.

I feel like 3.5 is a number we might be able to squeeze in (I could be wrong), but he might feel like he's worth 4, and I wouldn't argue that at all.

Reactions: DaBolts

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
If we trade Killorn that opens our cap space to just under 10m, assuming Palat signs for something close to what he makes now, we would have around 4.75m to work with to bring Paul back. He also came out and said he will do whatever it takes to help the Lightning get a deal done. so have high hopes he signs for less than 3m, maybe something around 4 years at 2.75m per

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we trade Killorn that opens our cap space to just under 10m, assuming Palat signs for something close to what he makes now, we would have around 4.75m to work with to bring Paul back. He also came out and said he will do whatever it takes to help the Lightning get a deal done. so have high hopes he signs for less than 3m, maybe something around 4 years at 2.75m per
All eyes on draft day then, I guess. Seems like if we are making progress on Palat and Paul, we could see Killer moved. And I know everyone's down on him for the playoff run, but that will be a sad, sad day in its own right.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
All eyes on draft day then, I guess. Seems like if we are making progress on Palat and Paul, we could see Killer moved. And I know everyone's down on him for the playoff run, but that will be a sad, sad day in its own right.
depending on the return, it could be a day 2 trade that comes out of left field to get us a couple of early picks if there is someone there we like.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Any chance FLA signs this guy (e.g., cap, need)? He's wearing a Florida hat, and 'going back to the playoffs' could be possible from the other side of the state. Hope he's not trying to bleed us dry here. He should get paid but we have some limits

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Any chance FLA signs this guy (e.g., cap, need)? He's wearing a Florida hat, and 'going back to the playoffs' could be possible from the other side of the state. Hope he's not trying to bleed us dry here. He should get paid but we have some limits
think they are more worried in trying to move Bob and keep Giroux

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
depending on the return, it could be a day 2 trade that comes out of left field to get us a couple of early picks if there is someone there we like.
We tend to prefer quantity of picks over quality. Wouldn't be shocking to see Killorn go for, like, a pair of seconds and a 25 year-old prospect we think we can turn around.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You pick one of Palat or Paul, if Palat signs at "discount" of 5m AND we trade Killorn we'd still only have 2.1m in capspace left and that's if we place on icing ABB and another forward at league minimum. I would rather keep Paul at around 3m~, keep Killorn at 4.45m and ride out his contract till expiry and then use the working cap to sign our RFA's next year.

Signing Palat and Paul is short sighted, you may end up losing 2 of Cernak, Serg and Cirelli, all of whom are under 25.

Reactions: DarrylshutzSydor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad