[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The headline on nhl.com

2DHmneU.png

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Question for Tampa fans.

Would you trade Cirelli for Ottawa's 7th overall, if it meant you could re-sign Paul for 4 or 5 years at an affordable caphit, one that comes in well below what Cirelli is, and will, be paid

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Paul scored both goals and did play a pretty good game, but also is the terminus of soo many plays. The leafs goal was scored after Paul gave the puck up in the offensive zone. He did good, but still has a lot to prove. Vasi is the reason the Bolts won this series.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Hagel gets a lot of flack but he had a big hand in that OT Point goal.

Anybody still think we lost that trade with Ottawa tho? JFBB

In a 7 game series even a blind squirrel will find a nut.

He’s been unremarkable, which is better than being bad I guess

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
Would you trade Cirelli for Ottawa's 7th overall, if it meant you could re-sign Paul for 4 or 5 years at an affordable caphit, one that comes in well below what Cirelli is, and will, be paid
No, just because we don't need draft picks we need cost-controlled players who can contribute now. Cirelli leaves a hole in the lineup. If this was summer 23 and we knew we could not keep Cirelli maybe then yes.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
In a 7 game series even a blind squirrel will find a nut.

He’s been unremarkable, which is better than being bad I guess
Tied for 5th on the team with 4 points, and less than 15:00 toi? Also his speed on the forecheck causes trouble for the other teams defenseman. I’m happy with his contribution, frankly. He’s out scoring goodrow/Coleman.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
No, just because we don't need draft picks we need cost-controlled players who can contribute now. Cirelli leaves a hole in the lineup. If this was summer 23 and we knew we could not keep Cirelli maybe then yes.
Does losing Paul not leave a hole? He played 22 minutes last night.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Tied for 5th on the team with 4 points, and less than 15:00 toi? Also his speed on the forecheck causes trouble for the other teams defenseman. I’m happy with his contribution, frankly. He’s out scoring goodrow/Coleman.
Agreed. He's replaced Coleman in my books. Hagel has a ways to go as far as contributing off the score sheet to equal Goodrow. Cirelli in games 6 and 7 was about as close to Gourde as it gets. Just not as fast...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sens fan here, great seeing Pauly play since the trade, possessed last night, loved the drive to the net last night, trying for the hatty.

Sens had offered around 2.6-2.7 x 4 years reported. Sounds like he wanted 3-3.2 x 4.
Maybe less in Florida with taxes.

Paul also won fittest at camp last couple of years and hardest chop couple of years ago.

Good luck.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Question for Tampa fans.

Probably

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Question for Tampa fans.

No. Cirelli is worth more than one first. The rest is irrelevant because it doesn't affect Cirelli's value on the market.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
No. Cirelli is worth more than one first. The rest is irrelevant because it doesn't affect Cirelli's value on the market.

The question was, is cirelli worth a first and the space to keep Paul to play in his spot.

If Paul's playing 22 minutes and scoring 2 goals in game 7, at a much cheaper hit, then it's something to consider.

IF cirelli were to be traded, this summer is the best time and you wouldn't want to do it without knowing what his replacement is.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
The question was, is cirelli worth a first and the space to keep Paul to play in his spot.

If Paul's playing 22 minutes and scoring 2 goals in game 7, at a much cheaper hit, then it's something to consider.

IF cirelli were to be traded, this summer is the best time and you wouldn't want to do it without knowing what his replacement is.

Repeating yourself doesn't make the irrelevant part less irrelevant. For symmetry, I'll repeat myself: No. Cirelli is worth more than one first. The rest is irrelevant because it doesn't affect Cirelli's value on the market.

If your proposal is a good bit more than Ottawa's pick, then maybe worth it. And yes, we wouldn't just trade a guy in a vacuum -- we'd consider what it does up and down the lineup. Moving Cirelli is one way to keep Paul, but certainly not the only one. Without knowing what Paul is going to demand, can't really say what other moves make sense.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Repeating yourself doesn't make the irrelevant part less irrelevant. For symmetry, I'll repeat myself: No. Cirelli is worth more than one first. The rest is irrelevant because it doesn't affect Cirelli's value on the market.

If your proposal is a good bit more than Ottawa's pick, then maybe worth it. And yes, we wouldn't just trade a guy in a vacuum -- we'd consider what it does up and down the lineup. Moving Cirelli is one way to keep Paul, but certainly not the only one. Without knowing what Paul is going to demand, can't really say what other moves make sense.
He's paid 7 million in real salary and teams know that Tampa will be hard pressed to keep him.

If we compare him to a guy like Reinhart, I would suggest the 7th is better than Levi and Panthers 1st, and reinhart is better than cirelli.

I think you're over estimating value of cirelli with 7 million in real salary next year and under estimating a 7th overall and the cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad