Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Until proven otherwise we have to assume that the Avs won't spend his cap hit this summer and Nuke will join the team in November.

From there, it's very possible that they decide that the lesser of 2 evils is to keep him with the team.

If the Avs are middle of the pack they'll rather have Nuke than dead cap hit.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Yeah once the party-PED proportion shifted in my brain, all this makes much more sense.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Until proven otherwise we have to assume that the Avs won't spend his cap hit this summer and Nuke will join the team in November.

From there, it's very possible that they decide that the lesser of 2 evils is to keep him with the team.

Nuke will be back. WE need him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
So sick. He cost us the series. That game four was total shitshow.

They will send him to Toronto island or Vegas golf course where careers go to die.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
For those interested, next season starts 4th October 2024. He can return 14th November, 2024 (that's only 1 month, 10 days), so he won't actually miss that much for us.

We need to think with our hearts here. You don't cast aside a person when they are at their lowest ebb. You nurture, reassure, validate and support both mentally and physically. That's my club.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
We need to think with our hearts here. You don't cast aside a person when they are at their lowest ebb. You nurture, reassure, validate and support both mentally and physically. That's my club.
Whast.gif

Termination, settlement and we get of the hook and the player can go back to russia and play KHL.

We need to get rid of this contract and player and spend is 6.2 mill elsewhere.

If we have to trade him for nothing and are finding a team willing to take him, so be it. I dont care if we get fleeced in that trade, just get this player and contract off this team and move on.

And no, there is no coming back for this player. End of story.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
For those interested, next season starts 4th October 2024. He can return 14th November, 2024 (that's only 1 month, 10 days), so he won't actually miss that much for us.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
The 2022 Cup is miraculous looking back on it. We had Kadri and Nishushkin both in the lineup?!
  • Kadri 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021: gets kicked out of the playoffs 3 times in 4 years
  • Nichushkin 2023, 2024: gets kicked out of playoffs in back to back years
Both guys played through broken bones but didn't do anything stupid enough to get banned.

2022 was a narrow window and the Avs pulled it off. Not to mention Landeskog's absense since then.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Why on earth would anyone want him back? I don't get it. This is like spousal abuse syndrome.
Abused ones usually get abused again and again.

No matter how good they can be, you cannot let a player back into the locker room who derailed two post-season runs their antics. Teams move off of talented but troubled players all the time. Val needs help but it is a fool me once situation for the boys.

Yeah, we beat Kraken last season with Nuke and Dallas this season. Imo.

He cost us two series. As good as he is, he isn't worth keeping if he can't play.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

I am thinking with my heart. f*** him. Terminate his ass and ship his luggage back to Russia via USPS ground.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

No, he’s done and should be. Two straight years that he’s been stupid enough to get himself forcibly removed from the roster at the most crucial time, and 3rd overall (middle of this season).

He can’t be relied upon. It sucks because he obviously brings a lot to the team and he’d fit like a glove, but he can’t walk in to that locker room again

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Nuke will be back. WE need him.
i'll try to be the devil's advocate here and trust me it's not easy. WE may need him because of what he brings on the ice when every thing is fine with him in his head , but WE definitely don't need the toxic environment that he brings with his problems, arround the team and in the locker room.

I feel bad for him and i hope he will finally get the help he needs, but strictly from a business point of view, i hope this guy will never ever wear an Avs jersey again and from now on i want him as far away as possible from the team.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I have faith that the NHL will let the Avs negotiate a settlement with Nuke to go away cap free. The question is will the Avs actually go through the effort and do it. It’s happened before, it can happen again.

Again, the NHL does not want the story. Nor I am sure does Nuke or the Avs. If there is a financial compensation package that makes the contract and player go away, then it will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad