Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Washington Capitals 4-0

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Meaning they didn't do anything special. Ovechkin is just that bad nowadays that he keeps himself pointless when it matters.
Trocheck stole a goal from him. I doubt he misses that point blank opportunity last night if Trocheck didn't get back in time. A cross ice pass to Ovechkin almost a sure goal there.

But I agree, they made a big point to talk about how well NYR were shutting down Ovechkin. The truth is they didn't really pay extra attention to it, Ovechkin was just bad.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Crypo guy approves of this message, there is no stopping the Rempe state building lead NY rangers
I spent more time peeing during this series then he did playing. Let's pump the brakes. When he's forechecking he can create some chaos. When they have the puck in the O zone he can be hard to handle. But when that's not happening he's lost or glued to the bench. We're basically playing a player short here just to have Rempe in the line-up in case something happens. I'm ok with that but the coach needs to be able to trust him on the rink.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I spent more time peeing during this series then he did playing. Let's pump the brakes. When he's forechecking he can create some chaos. When they have the puck in the O zone he can be hard to handle. But when that's not happening he's lost or glued to the bench. We're basically playing a player short here just to have Rempe in the line-up in case something happens. I'm ok with that but the coach needs to be able to trust him on the rink.
That guy is hilarious to look at when he skates. He looks like a bad pee wee player.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Ranger fan that was lucky to have had the opportunity to attend the game last night. Washington is a weird sports city but I have to give Caps fans respect. They showed up and supported their team really strongly. Didn’t let the arena get invaded by a sea of blue like I was expecting.

They have some nice young pieces and really should be leaning further into this rebuild. Ovi is as washed as washed can be. Actively hurting the team at this point. Tough spot.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
rangers are too good not to have him in the lineup. Guys are looking all over to check where the freight training is coming from. The rangers can offset a few bad zone exits with #73 on the ice. He will bruise and dent guys all round. The hits add up. Just ask Fox how his knee is feeling

Reactions: Summer Rose

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As a Wings fan, I wish they had gotten this playoff version of the Caps during those last two regular season games. That team was seriously out of gas.

And Ovie looked like he had already booked his vacation and was bummed they actually made the playoffs.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Ranger fan that was lucky to have had the opportunity to attend the game last night. Washington is a weird sports city but I have to give Caps fans respect. They showed up and supported their team really strongly. Didn’t let the arena get invaded by a sea of blue like I was expecting.

They have some nice young pieces and really should be leaning further into this rebuild. Ovi is as washed as washed can be. Actively hurting the team at this point. Tough spot.

Oh there was plenty of blue in the arena. We always get lots of away fans because nobody is from here so lots of locals root for away teams, plus it’s easy to get here and tickets are usually not hard to come by. So it’s a good place to watch an away game.

Ranger and Bruin fans are among my favorites in person because they generally know and love hockey and don’t have a chip on their shoulder when you meet them. (For contrast, the fans in VGK jerseys don’t have a clue).

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
His minutes are brutal for the other team - in addition to possible getting blasted straight out of the game from a Rempe hit, many times we've seen other teams go after him rather than make their usual hockey play. He's effective at disrupting the opponents much more than some generic fighter stage fighting some other fighter.

No 4th liner is going to play huge mins outside of the additional PK mins. Goodrow, who's playing his best hockey in a Rangers jersey, only got 12 mins last night. So you take Rempe and his 5-8 mins out and who the f*** is going in that's going to be as effective with that limited time?

The last thing you want in the POs is to be a bunch of talented heartless gutless pukes like the devils. I'd keep Rempe in and continue letting him do his thing. It makes the Rangers a much more difficult and physically dangerous team to play.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
He is actually really useful in the NZ when the other team is coming out, because he takes up so much space and his reach is so long. A few times this series he l
Prevented advancement just by being big in the NZ.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Congrats on the 1st round bye Rangers

Unsurprising, the team that has no business being in the playoffs got absolutely smoked when in the playoffs.

I wish Detroit would have made it, they would have put up a much better fight I think.
Same with the Pens. The Caps beating them out was the worst thing to happen from a competitive (fan entertainment) standpoint.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Congrats on the 1st round bye Rangers

Same with the Pens. The Caps beating them out was the worst thing to happen from a competitive (fan entertainment) standpoint.
Yeah, I think both the Pens and Wings would have been more competitive. Honestly, I think the Wings would have done better than the Pens.

This was the only series I had as a sweep in my bracket and honestly, the Caps did better than I thought they would. I was expecting 5/6-0 blowouts every game but I don't think the Rangers were playing at 100%. I think that was "play well enough to win and save yourself as best you can".

Reactions: Summer Rose

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
His minutes are brutal for the other team - in addition to possible getting blasted straight out of the game from a Rempe hit, many times we've seen other teams go after him rather than make their usual hockey play. He's effective at disrupting the opponents much more than some generic fighter stage fighting some other fighter.

No 4th liner is going to play huge mins outside of the additional PK mins. Goodrow, who's playing his best hockey in a Rangers jersey, only got 12 mins last night. So you take Rempe and his 5-8 mins out and who the f*** is going in that's going to be as effective with that limited time?

The last thing you want in the POs is to be a bunch of talented heartless gutless pukes like the devils. I'd keep Rempe in and continue letting him do his thing. It makes the Rangers a much more difficult and physically dangerous team to play.
yes, guys are taking their focus away from winning the game trying to see where this kid is coming, if he is coming at all. The hits add up, rangers are too good not to have this element in the lineup and would suspect Lavy agrees.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
How the hell did Ovechkin score so many goals in the second half of the season? He looks like a 4th line player
So the rangers played 3-on-4 on every PP to make sure one guy was locking OV down. Solid bet nobody was doing that in the reg season.

On the radio broadcast last night they said something like the rangers blocked more of his shot attempts this series than in any other one season against him or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad