Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
I love how everything nowadays is just taken at face value and every allegation is believed to be entirely true without any due process whatsoever. Y’all and your pitchforks are such a perfect match.
Can you give an example? People are pointing at Chicago’s previous allegations which is a fair point, and others are saying she’s looking for a pay day which also may be true.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
It's not nearly as caricature - y as I imagined either. It's a pretty flattering drawing

To be clear, I'm not trying to be dismissive of any concerns over the Hawks logo, especially coming from Native American groups, but they have a wide range of opinions within the groups same as anyone else. And when I hear 'caricature' I think of a mocking image/display of a group of people. I don't think the Hawks logo does that but I'm open to having my mind changed.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I love how everything nowadays is just taken at face value and every allegation is believed to be entirely true without any due process whatsoever. Y’all and your pitchforks are such a perfect match.

In his short time there - boy did he ever leave his mark...:sarcasm:

1715892483024.png

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
To be clear, I'm not trying to be dismissive of any concerns over the Hawks logo, especially coming from Native American groups, but they have a wide range of opinions within the groups same as anyone else. And when I hear 'caricature' I think of a mocking image/display of a group of people. I don't think the Hawks logo does that but I'm open to having my mind changed.
I thought the nose and native features were more prominent.

I don't think you're using caricature correctly.
I am aware of the definition of the word, but the symbol doesn't look like how I thought it did.

Anyway, I was wrong to say it was a caricature

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I don't think she's going to win that lawsuit. The people accused of harassment don't even work for the blackhawks.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Don’t know how anyone could cheer for this joke of a franchise. Obviously the last punishment wasnt enough if they are still sexual assaulting so it’s time to take some draft picks. I don’t see a problem with taking 2nd OA away.

Is this a sarcastic post? I seriously can't tell anymore.

The Blackhawks dont deserve the benefit of the doubt

Why not? Everyone involved in the Beach thing is long gone.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The Cleveland Indians logo was a caricature. The Black Hawk logo honors a specific individual/leader.
It doesn't even remotely resemble the said individual. It does, however, closely resemble the logo of a certain preexisting polo club that the first owner was a member of.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
I don't care about the logos or names, but your brother in law doesn't speak for everyone. He isnt the "czar of the natives"
Same for this woman. Who is a professional victim, it's basically her job to cry racism on everything. With out the constant victimization all those sweet high paying DEI jobs wouldn't be needed. Which is why they have to keep it in the public's constant minds instead of solutions. If you ask the majority of Indians/Native Americans, they don't care or are proud of it. You go to a reservation you see those teams logos all over.

Doesn't it kind of make sense for an organization that appropriates a logo and name from a native culture to hire a cultural advisor to negotiate? I mean this woman had obvious motives in that regard that were opposite of the team's wishes, but this seems like the situation in which that type of hire makes sense. Idk.
What about Notre Dame or the Minnesota Vikings and so on?

Reactions: Channelcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad